Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Anyone know the process of moving from videoton illico to FibeTV.

I know for the phone I don't have to do anything and Bell will take care of it and keep my number but what about videotron?

Do I have to cancel before the technicians come or does it not matter? Can I cancel afterwards?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
166 Posts
You can cancel at anytime. Based on my own experience, I would suggest calling them after the installation. You no longer have to give them 30-days notice.

Enjoy!

ps: what area of montreal are you in?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I'm in Montreal east. East of the Olympic stadium. I called bell on Sunday and they said it wasn't available, then I called back on Monday and they said it was available in my area.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I live around there as well. They initially said it was available, and then told me they couldn't proceed with the installation the day before the installation. I had already cancelled Videotron.

Anyway, looks like I will be getting it in the very near future now, so best of luck to you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like I said, initially they said no, but then on my second phone call, the CSR in India couldn't access the system so she gave me this number to call (1-866-635-8375) and I spoke to a local who was very helpful.

Also, they did call me back in response to the online form that I filled out the day after so if you live near me then I'm sure it will be available.

Try calling the above number and I'm sure you'll be ok. Let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
166 Posts
In my case, the problem was technical. I was wired to a remote that's too far to offer FibeTV, even though there's a remote 150 meters away from me.

They are in the process of fixing this so hopefully I can have a new installation date soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts