Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be moving to Vancouver with my Rogers SA8300HD PVR this summer.

Vancouver only has Shaw cable but does have Rogers internet and Rogers cellphone.

Seeing that Vancouver only has Shaw cable is my SA8300HD PVR compatible with Shaw in Vancouver? Or do I have to purchase a brand new PVR to work with Shaw cable while living in Vancouver?

thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
Suggestion?
Maybe sell your pvr in Toronto Rogers area or hit some BST forums in Vancouver and look for someone in the exact opposite situation. Make sure you cover all of the logistics, the box is registered/activated with your account.

Note:the SA8300HD boxes have been replaced with a newer model, you might not get as much as you hope for it...

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am thinking about giving it to a family member who lives in a Rogers cable service area. Will she be able to use the HD PVR when she opens a new rogers cable account? Or is it incompatible with another account?

·
Super Moderator
16,893 Posts
In Vancouver, you have the choice of Shaw, Telus or Novus Cable for TV and internet. Novus is only available in certain condos. Telus also has the option to rent their equipment if you're not sure how long you will be in Vancouver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts