Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
^^^ a load of Shiitake mushrooms? :D

·
Registered
507 Posts
Two recent ones;

Salt - I went because I had free tickets. I should've thrown the tickets away. It felt like I was watching a distillation of at least 5 other earlier movies involving a secret agent gone bad and pursued by the government.

Solitary Man - I kept waiting for this movie to get rolling and then it ended in one of those annoying ambiguous ways that I guess is supposed to make you come up with your own ending or discuss the outcome over wine and candles with your partner. :mad:

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Wow! I agree with ALL the movies listed here! That's rare! (and I also got free tickets for Salt and Solitary Man.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Twilight. I did not know what I was getting into! My girlfriend wanted to see it and told me it was about vampires, which I thought would be cool since I'm a Buffy fan. WRONG! I also got dragged to the sequels, and surprisingly I didn't mind them quite as much.

·
Banned
310 Posts
I usually can figure beforehand if a movie is worth 2 hours of my time by watching the trailers, checking reviews and from word of mouth. It's not very often I go into a movie blind. Hence, I avoid anything with Will Ferrell or Adam Sandler so I avoid wanting my time back. :)

That being said, I did watch Paul Blart: Mall Cop for some reason and that would be my "What was I thinking?" moment.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
No Will Ferrell is a general rule for me. I did, however, love Stranger Than Fiction.

cheers,
supervij

·
Registered
128 Posts
Some the first Twilight movie the other day. Must be the worst pile of trash ever. I like my vampires to be bloodthirsty not beings with feelings and rock solid abs. :)

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
"The English Patient"

Quit telling your stupid story about the stupid desert, and just die already! DIE!

Oh, wait..that was from a Seinfeld episode...I have never seen the movie (thanks to Elaine).

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yup, I have no patience in watching The English Patient just like I fell asleep trying to watch Awake.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
"The English Patient"

Quit telling your stupid story about the stupid desert, and just die already! DIE!

Oh, wait..that was from a Seinfeld episode...I have never seen the movie (thanks to Elaine).
Oh, you mean the "Hurry up and die already" movie? I always wondered what the correct title was!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
cop out .. or whatever the name of latest bruce willis rental (forget the title) .. suppose to be funny.

managed to get 15-20 minutes, than bailed out.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
"The English Patient"

Consider yourself lucky! :)

I hardly watch any contemporary movies anymore, having been burnt way too many times by mindless storylines created for fourteen year old boys (the PG-13 rating ain't for nothing!). But if I go back far enough, two -- no three -- movies come to mind!

The least worst of them all was "Liquid Sky", a movie about aliens in tiny saucers who come looking for heroin, just to find out the hormones released during the human orgasm is a much better drug. In the end, one girl manages to kill a lot of people just by making them climax.

Second worst is Eraserhead, a horrible, grainy movie with an incredibly noisy soundtrack and the most butt-ugly baby you've ever seen in your entire life!

And the worst is: (drumroll please)

NATURAL BORN KILLERS!

A movie so terrible that I could only watch the first side of the Laserdisc I had rented! It was completely mindless and totally void of any structure! Considering a single movie on Laserdisc cost about fifty bucks back then, I was really happy I hadn't paid for it.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
NATURAL BORN KILLERS!...It was completely mindless and totally void of any structure!
You mean, unlike the two main characters? ;)
Could it possibly be the movie was filmed in such a style that mirrored the actions & personality of its protagonists?

(Sorry, I watched this in 1st year film class, I couldn't resist. I wasn't a big fan of the movie either! :))

·
Super Moderator
11,144 Posts
How RT ranked your movies.

Liquid Sky (1982) 94%
Eraserhead (1977) 90%
Natural Born Killers (1994) 52%
Cop Out (2010) 19%
Batman & Robin (1997) 11%
The Ninth Gate (1999) 41%
The English Patient (1996) 83%
Twilight (2008) 50%