Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 452 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Of all the movies that I have ever seen there are two that I couldn't even make it through the first time 'cause I thought they were that bad.

One was the 'Red Scorpion' (1989)

The next was 'The Avengers' (1998)

Are there any movies you thought were so bad that you gave up before watching to the end?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Chicago. Blech...

Even my wife hated it.

I made it through the avengers but it hurt. It falls into the category of "I want my 2 hours back!!!"

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Well, earlier today I saw Episode Three....

If my 8 year old son was not with me I would have walked for sure.

·
Super Moderator
56,505 Posts
At the cinema, there were two that we would have walked out on, but we were with friends, so we "couldn't" (we didn't drive our own car, otherwise we would have).

They were Gandhi and ET (both big hits apparently). I nearly puked the 10th time Gandhi said "I'm going to fast".

As for movies at home, I record a fair number that I think will interest us off TMN but we're only able to sit through about half. There have only been a couple of rented DVDs that we didn't watch all the way, don't recall the movies.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
On DVD;

Ocean's 12
America's Sweethearts

At a theatre;

Buffy The Vampire Slayer (I was camping at Elora Gorge and it was p!ssing rain and cold so I went to the local show... it was so bad I went back to my campsite and listened to the rain). That's bad.

·
Banned
1,175 Posts
filper said:
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Really? I laughed my a** off watching that movie. Different strokes I guess.

For me, the WORST movie I ever sat through (and I DID turn it off half way through):

Meet the Parents

I really couldn't believe how much of a hit this movie was. IMO, it was bad, bad, bad. Then they go and make Meet the Fockers. Go figure. No plans on ever watching that either.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Mine: Jim Carey How the Grinch Stole Xmas. "Can we stop watching this now?"

And "Mouse Trap"....ridiculous.

"Oh Brother Where art thou" (sp?)

I know there are some others that I cant think of right now.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
'The Royal Tenenbaums' -- tried twice to just get into this movie -- couldn't.
'Oh Brother Where Art Thou' -- made it to about halfway, couldn't go any further -- liked the music, thought the movie was stupid.
'What Lies Beneath' -- just barely made it through this one -- it has to be the best example of Ford & Pfeiffer at their ultimate worst.

·
Banned
1,175 Posts
Wow, two votes for Oh Brother Where Art Thou? I love Cohen brothers movies and this is one of their best movies. Amazing how different tastes are with a thread like this. Three other great Cohen brother movies: Blood Simple, Fargo and Raising Arizona.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
There always is an eclectic collection of liked movies in everyones viewing past.

I for one just loved the Royal Tenenbaums AND the JC Grinch movie.

I absolutely hated the Cat in the Hat.

Here is a list of funny likes and dislikes:

Liked:

Starship Troopers
AvP
Royal Tenenbaums
Fifth Element
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Wing Commander
Oh Brother Where Art Thou
What Lies Beneath
Fargo

Hated:

Sling Blade
Mouse Trap
America's Sweethearts
The Avengers
Bowfinger
Pearl Harbor
All Batman after the second one

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
STOP THE PRESSES!!!! THIS JUST IN!!!

Battlefield Earth

I had to watch it in VERY small doses over a month on TMN and even then it was usually during mundane tasks like folding laundry.

·
Banned
1,175 Posts
james99 said:
So, you didn't vote for Pedro?
:D I did! Loved Napoleon Dynamite. Also got a kick out of The Grudge that someone else stated they did not like. Freaked me out quite a bit. Not an Oscar winner by any means, but sometimes it's just fun to be scared. Same goes for Napoleon Dynamite. It was so stupid, it was funny...Well, to me anyway.

Another two movies I hated, but a lot of people seemed to like (I own a copy of each on DVD. Bought them on sale before seeing them):

Fight Club
Signs

Uggh. Did not like either of them and now they are sitting in my collection.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Signs. Ungh!!!

Forgot about that one.

The only thing that Shymalan does well is get people to hype his crap.

I did strangely like Fight Club.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
BSmithern said:
Wow, two votes for Oh Brother Where Art Thou? I love Cohen brothers movies and this is one of their best movies. Amazing how different tastes are with a thread like this. Three other great Cohen brother movies: Blood Simple, Fargo and Raising Arizona.
Oh brother, add me to the list of people who did not finish this movie.

There have been a few others but this one stands out the most in my mind.

Oh, I just remembered the other one... if only I could remember its name. It starred Ewen McGregor as a druggie before he was in Star Wars... Ah, I recall now, Trainspotting. I saw that up until he went on a trip through the toilet, which is was fitting I thought for this movie.

1 - 20 of 452 Posts