Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just downloaded the MC HD lineup (http://www.moviecentral.ca/schedule/PDF/30day_HD.pdf) and noticed a ton of movies on there, different movies, that play 24/7.

My Rogers TMN HD is bleak to say the least - the same movies/shows weekly with huge gaps of nothing. Can't even get a movie to play on Saturday night - how much of this constant Regenesis and Stargate do we need?

Am I correct in assuming that Shaw HD customers out west have access to this lineup of programming?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I find Rogers a difficult company to figure out. They are no doubt pioneers in their field, in Canada at least, and I am impressed that they do continue to upgrade their extensive network in a timely fashion. However, in my opinion, they are doing that just to become the biggest player in this country. The way they provide customer service is inexcusable.

If I’m renting their HD PVR, paying costly prices for these premium channels like TMN and yet receiving an inferior product than what their competitor (I’m not so sure Shaw is really a competitor – it’s more like the cable companies against the others) provides, I consider that not looking out for the customer.

If Movie Central is providing a better product than TMN, Rogers, if they did consider their customers important, would either press TMN to provide as good a product as MC (if not better), or switch to MC to show movies. If HD is coming to the masses, why can’t the people that invested in HD televisions, premium stations, STB's and PVR’s right now, be provided with the best product available. We are now putting up with all the technical glitches of this new technology.

In my household, by the time these “first-run movies” appear on TMN, we’ve already seen them either at the theatre or from the local Blockbuster. I know that’s the way it is, digital cable can’t play these movies until after the DVD release, Pay-TV, etc – what is it like 9 months later after it’s in the theatre? So, in my opinion it’s not that great a product to begin with.

However, it is nice to know that if I turn on my television I can see something on my HD TMN channel 24/7. It’s not like the other HD stations (Global, CTV – and hurry up CBC) present anything in true HD. It’s hard to believe I need to turn to American stations to find the occasional true HD program.

I’m paying for a movie network in HD. Now knowing that this is possible 24/7 after viewing the MC schedule, I expect no less from Rogers/TMN.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unless TMN comes out gangbusters for February they will be hard-pressed to come anywhere close to what MC offers (they even have the February lineup to download - link at top of page). Their HD lineup rocks! I am guessing it is all true HD, I have no idea. But nevertheless, this is some impressive programming in that there is no down time. You turn on your HD station and there is something playing.

Perhaps I see things differently. If I'm paying premium prices to Rogers, I expect them to offer the best product possible. In my opinion they can do way better to serve their HD customers with regards to the TMN situation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.