Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
tommy99 said:
I’m paying for a movie network in HD. Now knowing that this is possible 24/7 after viewing the MC schedule, I expect no less from Rogers/TMN.
How long has MC been 24/7? My impression is that it had only been a few months.

MC and TMN keep leap-frogging each other. At one point one has better offerings; later on the other does. The amount of HD material on the TMN HD channel has improved a lot, in the last few months. Presumably they will catch up soon. I'm not as familiar with MC - (not being in the west). I know they carry the HBO programming now - though they didn't for years. How many basic channels do they have, compared to TMN's 7 (and when did MPIX1 and MPIX2 start running different programming than each other; I only noticed that one this morning!). How much VOD material does MC have?

Nick

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
In terms of who has the most HD programming ... they keep leapfrogging each other. Someone is always going to be behind! BTW how many channels of HD does MC have now?? I thought they still only had one channel, compared to the two TMN channels ...
CorSter said:
They need to start competing against each other.
Wonderful idea ... then we'd have to subscribe to both, as one would have half the series I want to watch; and the other would have the other half!

(though perhaps not; I'm ditching my TMN after the Stargate season finale tonight ... nothing at all worth watching during the month of Feburary. No new series programming at all, as far as I can see.).

Nick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.