Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
This is the response I received from TMN when asked about the lack of HDTV coming from them.

At this time we guarantee one (usually many more) movies a month in HDTV format. This is a new technology that The Movie Network has invested in and we are in the process of integrating it onto our Network. As each month goes by our inventory of HD titles will continue to grow. We are also awaiting full participation from studios and distributors to allow us to bring more of these features onto the network. Our HDTV schedule always coincides with the schedule for our "standard format" films. What this means is, if a film we have scheduled during the prime time hour that is not available in HDTV, we obviously won't be airing it on the HD channel. We are currently in negotiations to have an increased number of HDTV films on the channel, but I can't confirm the details at this time. Regardless, I have forwarded your comments to our programming department for review and consideration.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.