Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Why would you need superchannel on demand when we have Video On demand? Don't we have moviecentral on channel 632? If I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
33 Posts
To watch super channel programming when you want. Being able to see the fights for example if you missed them. It is a good question.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Super Channel VOD

I understand that Super Channel VOD is in the works with Telus. It is hoped to have it up within the next month or so. Testing is being done but hasn't been given the green light.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why would you need superchannel on demand when we have Video On demand? Don't we have moviecentral on channel 632? If I'm not mistaken.
The current VOD that Telus has is not free. Super Channel VOD is free, with your paid subscription to Super Channel. As for Movie Central, I guess I confused some folks, I was talking about Movie Central on Demand and Super Channel on Demand.

I understand that Super Channel VOD is in the works with Telus. It is hoped to have it up within the next month or so. Testing is being done but hasn't been given the green light.
That's good news. I wasn't sure if it was because of the Telus technology or some licensing issue. Good to know it's in the works. And good to hear SC VOD is coming first, I actually watch more SC than MC.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Movie Central On Demand is now live. It showed up in the menu last night but wasn't working, today is the launch day.

-Telus Tech

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's good news, I found it under the VOD menu last night. There's a very limited selection right now and it's all SD content but it's better than nothing.

Will content expand?
Will HD be coming?
Any news on when Super Channel On Demand will arrive?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Movie Central on Demand has launched on Optik!

I noticed it today in the VOD section under TV.

Its nice to finally see that Telus has launched MC VOD.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Seems like a lot of MovieCentral and HBO Canada content now. Still all SD (and poor quality), but lots of stuff there to watch.

I consider this a great added value for my subscription.

·
Registered
176 Posts
yvr72,
When you say SD is poor quality, is the same as channels 240-243 (Movie Central / HBO)? Maybe, you're just like me who seldom goes to any SD channels.

·
Registered
60 Posts
SuperChannel On Demand is live!

I noticed that SuperChannel On Demand is live as of yesterday. I am not a SuperChannel subscriber so I can't verify that it is actually working or if this is the pre-launch.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hot damn! Super Channel on Demand is live. Lots of content and best of all, they have HD content too! Movie Central on Demand still doesn't have any HD content. Super Channel FTW! Time to catch up on Skins!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I subscribe to MC/HBO but not Superchannel. Since Superchannel HD came first I was thinking of switching, but it doesn't look like Superchannel's movies are as good as Movie Central.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had both during the 3-month promo and I preferred Super Channel a lot more. There are a lot more series in the long run that are good. And the website is much better. I dropped MC and kept SC.

·
Registered
106 Posts
From March 3rd until June 30th, clients who have not subscribed to superchannel in the past 120 days qualify for 3 months free!

The catch is, you have to call in and remove it or they will just assume you love it and wish to continue.

Not available for Sat tv, Just optik.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts