Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to search but couldn't find the answer.

On Bell satellite is movie central on demand available?

·
Super Moderator
56,509 Posts
On demand channels are only available on cable (or computer where available) since satellite doesn't have direct 2-way communication. BTV has some programming that is downloadable to a PVR, but it's not considered true on-demand, since OD is available on any cable STB, not just a PVR where the content is downloaded.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sort of.
If you have Bell and subscribe to Move Central, you can watch MovieCentral content on demand online through TV Online.

·
Super Moderator
56,509 Posts
Not really. Firstly, the "On Demand" from Bell is really more like PPV that is downloaded to your PVR. On cable any STB is capable of accessing OD, not limited to PVRs.
Secondly, there are only about 20 such programmes available on BTV if you check out your first link.
Thirdly, (real) on demand is available through cable or computer*, but not Sat - as indicated by the asterisk in your second link.
Fourthly, on cable if you subscribe to TMN or MC, the 100s/1000s of OD programmes are available for "free" with that subscription.
Fifthly, OD on Cable has 100s/1000s of other programmes that you can purchase or are free, depending on the provider capability and OD channel selection.

More info on how it works on BTV and the limitations thereof is available in the following thread:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=139308

* If you use a computer, be aware that downloading over your Cap will cost you $.

·
Super Moderator
16,901 Posts
@mrhud, if you follow the links on your first link you can choose to watch Movie Central and HBO movies and series online (on your PC). I'm not a Bell subscriber so I assume you have to subscribe to Movie Central to watch it online. Satellite doesn't have the capacity to stream a signal for just one user the way that cable and telco do.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks guys.

You know, sometimes it's like I live in the friggin' Matrix. Just blindly sit back and let the big corp's say one thing but really mean another.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts