Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to mount an antenna to a pyramid roof. There's gutter all around so there's no completely exposed facia, just the couple of inches under the gutter. Pic attached (I hope).

Cloud Building Sky Wood Shade

Two questions:

1) how far does the antenna need to be from the gutter to work well? It's going to be pointed almost parallel to the gutter, basically toward the camera in the image above. Do I need to worry about the gutter behind it?

2) suggestions on how to mount this? I've seen some systems that mount to a rafter under the soffit, but if there is something solid behind that exposed bit of facia perhaps that's simpler?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I don't have one of these, but this comes up in a search.

·
Registered
243 Posts
My solution was to use wall mount brackets for the mast. I had the local machine shop put a 90 degree bend in the mast and then with enough clearance for the gutter,, a 90 degree bend back. Hint. Don't use a SS mast. They don't bend easily. Use galvanized steel. The machine shop should be able to supply the mast.
Alternately you can use 18" or 24" mount brackets to clear the gutters.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I can tell you if you mount even gutters "securely" to the fascia you can wind up with snow/ice sliding on the roof and taking out the fascia with the gutter. I would stick to the wall or run something out horizentally attached to two rafters or mounted on a strapping attached to two rafters.
Sure you can't mount on the wall near the soffit but low enough to get a signal. Keeps it partially protected from snow etc. ????
Probably done by now......how did it go?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts