Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this digital tv world so please bear with me :)

I was recently give a Motorolla DCT 6200 without a remote. With some research, I have managed to hook up the box to my tv and actually think that this may eventually work.

I purchased a universal remote which seems to work with the box. I can change the channels, but a white screen comes up asking for parental control code (I have no clue what this is), but it does nothing except ask me to enter a new code. I cannot enter any numbers in with the remote or even cancel out of the screen.

Anyone have any answer to this non-techie damsel in distress??

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
You can purchase the proper remote for your 6200 from any Shaw office for about $15. As long as the box was a Shaw unit to start with, you should be able to have it activated. The only other concern is if it has been 'released' from the previous owner's account. If it hasn't been, you will need to contact that person and get them to call Shaw and 'release' it so it can be added to your account.

As for how to set it up correctly, there are instructions available on the Shaw website if you are unsure about how you have it hooked up now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts