Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my new MTS Ultimate for 3 weeks and there is no way unless I let the STB control the sound do I get sound through the Home Theater. I have tried all the codes etc. Sony store was no help either. I have hooked up the Digital Audo to the HT, or to the TV no difference.

·
Super Moderator
17,243 Posts
pck0908, I would suggest you refer to your Motorola Advanced Series MXv3 Remote Control pamphlet. Assuming that your DAVHDX275 has been set up on AUX on your MTS remote, you can follow section E-I to have the remote control the volume on AUX. If your DAVHDX275 has not been set up on AUX, you can try code 0986.

Before you change the volume above you should set the volume on the STB to the max, since you won't be able to change it afterwards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I have the Silver remote. I was able to find through that the PDF for the Silver one. Here it is.
http://www.ntelos.com/Video/PDFS/RemoteControlUserGuide.pdf

I still cannot get the remote to work , but I unplugged and replugged everything in and now it is working. But it is working via Bravia Sync, the remote thinks it is controlling the TV. I have to wait to fin something in 5.1 to see if it really is.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Good suggestion Dr.Dave, but it sounds like it's not a remote issue.

If you're using the optical wire, maybe try this:

With the MTS remote, press Menu and go to Settings, then go to Audio (I think). Look for "Digital Audio Output" and try changing it from stereo to surround or whatever the second option is.

Also, maybe your amp is not set to (or detecting) the right type of signal. Some amps need to be told whether it's a digital (optical) signal or analog (RCA's) signal.

Let us know :)

PS, I might be repeating what Dr.Dave said, but if you don't ever use your TV sound, you can program the MTS remote to control the amp volume regardless of what mode you're in. Refer to the pamphlet to find out how. Otherwise if you don't, I think you'll have to press AUD whenever you want to control the volume.

·
Registered
338 Posts
There is some good advice here.

I cannot see it on the linked instructions so I am not sure if it is applicable for the silver remote, however the black remote supports "learning" where you point you existing remote at the MTS one and press a sequence of buttons to transfer the necessary codes over.

If the silver remote does not support learning you could try asking MTS if they can do a swap for the black remotes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So here is how I think I got it to work. Early this morning I could not seem to find anything in 5.1.

STB is set to Surround and the optical cord goes to the HTIB.

HDMI to TV from STB

HDMI from Blu Ray to TV Can't remember the name but the orange light cable from Blu Ray to HTIB.

HDMI from HTIB to TV ( This was not done in my first tries.) I always use the Blu Ray and the cord is a bit short.

Since all components are Sony I used the SYNC function. I also set the TV to only use the external speakers.

The remote is set for the TV and when it tries to do Volume it automatically controls the HTIB.

If someone sees something wrong here please help, hopefully tonight with new shows on I will see if my rear speakers do anything.

Thanks for all the responses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts