Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a problem with our line and Bell came out and fixed it a month ago at the box on the street. Since that time, our Motorola cordless phone doesn't show the Caller ID. Instead it just shows "Incoming call". Caller ID still works on our other phones and on the TV.

I can't find any way to activate Caller ID on this phone. I've tried unplugging the base station to reset it and no change.

Is there any other trick I should try?

TIA.

·
Super Moderator
56,874 Posts
What's the model number of the phone? Have you tried taking the batteries out to reset the handset? Do you have the operating manual and have you read it? If not, go to their website and see if you can find it to download. Usually though, the information just shows on the phone screen. Have you tried moving the base to a jack in your home with a "working" phone?

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Another thing you might want to check is Call waiting and caller ID are often affected by high REN. Check the Ringer Equivalency Number on your line, if its too high, you can remove some phones. Most phones list the REN on the back of the unit, but bad splices and bad patch work to your internal phone wiring will increase your REN. Try plugging it into a different telephone wall jack and see if the problem persists

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I moved the base to a jack I know is working for Caller ID and the phone does work at that jack.

Then I put the phone back to the faulty jack and a Bell tech phoned me. No Caller Id. She then put me on hold and called me and at that point Call waiting did show the caller ID. She thinks it has to do the the phone's settings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts