Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In addition to the Pace TDC777D HD-PVR, Cogeco is now distributing the Motorola DCX700 as a replacement for the DCT6200.

I went to the Cogeco store today and swapped in my DCT6200 for one, they had no problems with that.

Right now, mine is running:

S/W: 78.44 - A28p0-2.0908.r-4 (same version that recently rolled out to the DCTs)
F/W: 22.92

Webpage: http://www.motorola.com/Business/US...t-tops)/All-Digital+QAM+Set-tops/DCX700_US-EN
User Guide: http://www.cogeco.ca/export/sites/c...v/motorola_user_guide/Motorola_DCX_700_en.pdf
Specifications: http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles...tatic_files/DCX700 spec sheet.pdf?localeId=33

·
Registered
141 Posts
Is this a single tuner unit? Web page indicates it is.

Can you please take some pictures of menus and guide as well as indicate how much hard drive space it has.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The DCX700 is just a HD STB, not an HD-PVR. It is replacing the current HD STB, the DCT6200. So it has no hard drive or any need for a second tuner.

The guide, menus, etc. are all identical as it runs the same software (i-Guide).

The new Pace TDC777D is a 250GB dual-tuner HD-PVR; replacing the DCT641x. See this thread about it: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=127390

·
Registered
164 Posts
I like that it's smaller and has HDMI, but I like the front display on the 6200. It's the only reliable clock in my apartment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
:D Thanks Dave. Called Cogeco and they told me it`ll be available
in Quebec the first week of August for $199

HDMI here I come :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
New DCX700 problems

I just picked up a new DCX700 for my room today, i have it split off my HD pvr box in the family room, i used to just have a standard digital box in my bedroom. I have video signal(standard and HD), but i have no audio and no menu function. As well, the remote that came with the unit will only change channels, power the dcx, and the info button shows the parental lockout screen.

There are no physical buttons on the box, i have no clue what to do now...:confused: plz help !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine was like that too when I first activated it. The girl told me to leave it off for half an hour and let it finish downloading the guide etc. Worked fine after that.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, leave the box alone for 30 minutes to an hour to let it finish initializing and downloading guide data.

If after that it's still not working (info button still loads the Moto parental control screen), unplug it and plug it back in.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Physical Size

Hey guys,
Is this STB smaller than the older motorola HD box that was available? From the pics it looks pretty nice and bit smaller.. just curious anyway, would be nice to cut down the space used by the existing STB.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Much smaller. If you have the current Standard Def box as a reference (the DCT700), it's about the same height and depth, but a bit wider (as you can see from the third picture I posted above, comparing it to the remote).

Basically, it's about the same size as your average home wireless router.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Just picked up the DCX700 last night. Plugged it in to let it initialize but haven't had chance to call and activate it. Can't believe how small it is compared to previous moto STB, and love the addition of hdmi.. though no spdif coax output which I was using on a previous box.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just picked up one. They have a deal right now to get it free for a year. I was going to go buy one but figured I would just rent it for free for a year and then buy one after. It is very small. It fits nicely when I have it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So far, the quality looks good. I was watching the Jays game and it looked very nice. I have it connected through HDMI.

I am just really impressed with the size of this box. It looks the size of a router.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How do you work the USB port? i tried putting a couple different USB drives in and nothing happened.
The USB port on the DCX700 is not enabled. You cannot use it for external storage at this time (the same applies for the firewire and ethernet ports).

1 - 20 of 61 Posts