Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today when we got home our 3400 was off. We turned it on and now we have no menu or guide (has now been on over 5 hours) and when we hit the Info key it brings up a "Set Parental Control" screen.

We also have another Motorola receiver (different model) and it has done this since we picked it up about 2 months ago.

Eastlink has not been able to fix this, or give us a reason to why it is happening. I'm hoping someone here has had the same problem and might have a fix.

·
Registered
162 Posts
It would help if we knew where you are located. There should be no reason why they can't fix it. No menu or guide usually just means that the guide firmware hasn't loaded.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I love these first time posters who come on here and post questions then never come back to answer any of ours lol. I think Eastlink did a S/W and/or F/W upgrade the other night and that could be his issue. He needs to first try unplugging his box for 20 secs and plugging it back in to re-download everything.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Customer service did a warm reset and it has had no effect at all - no guide and no menu. Looks like an engineer visit is required. CS say they are getting calls about this but other than warm reset have no idea how to solve.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, it finally works now. When we got home yesterday, both boxes were working. We called to cancel our service call, and the guy said that they were doing some sort of guide update in Nova Scotia and that may have caused it.

Jimbo, sorry I hadn't been back to post updates, I usually check sites I post on everyday, but I haven't had a chance until now. I had tried leaving both of them unplugged for hours, and that did nothing.

·
Registered
694 Posts
So I was right in my posts in the STB update thread, they did update the S/W and/or F/W this week.

Well it's good to know everything is working for you now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts