Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

101 - 120 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
External drives are married to the box. If your unit needs to be swapped out, you will lose all recordings on your external drive. The only way you could keep your recordings would be to replace your internal drive with the external drive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Connecting External eSATA Drive (DCX3400)

1. Power off DCX3400.
2. Unplug unit.
3. Attach external eSATA drive.
4. Power on unit, external drive will be initiated and formatted.

If above steps do not work, call Eastlink support for assistance.

Despite what has been said about ext. drive being married to the unit that initialized it . I have been told twice now by Eastlink support that the external drive will work with another unit. However, this is only first tier. I have a question out to second tier for clarification. If for nothing else to have first tier on the correct page.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Unlike some I looked out and had a knowledgeable tech.

eSATA is officailly supported on these boxes DCX3400 series. Supports up to 1 TB. One must call cable tech support to have them initiate the box. The HDD wil be formatted for the OS used by the box. Once initiated you can record to the external drive. Why use eSATA drive? If anything goes wrong with the DCX3400 and needs to be swapped out, you still have your recorded shows.

One person in BC using external drive and three in Halifax that he was aware of.

Box supports 1080p, only available 1080p content at this time is through VOD.

My box is still not up and running not all channels coming through. Service call sceduled, I'll call them tomorrow and see about the validaor signal.

Anybody know if the PC can read the files on the formatted external drive.

The DVR with Firewire came off as .ts files.

Thanks.

Tech also told me about their new wireless modem N support and Gigabyte Lan.
I got my external drive hooked via esata and it is working fine. Just hooked it up one day, everything was powered on at the time, and it reformatted and was ready to go. Get all the 0% usage issues but that doesn't both me.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
First tier support is wrong. As was said by someone else, the external drive recordings will only work on the original box.

·
Registered
885 Posts
MCX-3400-M Dual Tuner: One Tuner Failed

New MCX-3400-M worked 100% for a couple of weeks. Now, only one tuner receives any channels. Other tuner gives following message on every channel the same as before box was registered with Eastlink: "ONE MOMENT PLEASE. This channel should be available shortly. Ref code S0a00"

As a result, programmed recordings fail since recorder seems to use tuner that is not working. Recording works if manually started with working tuner.

Is there any master reset code? Could be operator error from remote? I have contacted Eastlink technical support which tried sending a reset down the line; did not fix anything. Support basically won't do anything except tell you to swap at Eastlink kiosk. I wonder if this isn't just a glitch that could be resolved via a correct reset.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is the DCX3400 available in Sudbury?

Does anyone know if the 3400 is available in the Sudbury area? Does anyone have an idea when it might be available? Thanks

Kal

·
Registered
36 Posts
K1ck said:
BestBuy has the 500GB Shaw version of the DCX3400 available for purchase.

Can anyone comment if this Shaw model is the same spec, aside from the larger hard drive as the DCX3400-M being handed out by Eastlink? Thinking of picking up this unit from bestbuy and provisioning it for Eastlink service. So tiered of paying $15/mth rental.
Can anyone confirm that the Shaw boxes do indeed work with Eastlink? I know not all cable company boxes are compatible with other systems, even if the model is the same. The 3400 is a decent price compared to the Eastlink DCT-6416.

Also curious why the HD 6200 Shaw box is $200 cheaper than the Eastlink version. Guess it's the usual "Nova Scotia gouge" in effect. :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Does anyone know if the 3400 is available in the Sudbury area? Does anyone have an idea when it might be available? Thanks

Kal
Yes the DCX3400 is available in the Sudbury market and you might be able to pick one up at the mall kiosk :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Clock

Just got the 3400 today..but I can't seem to set a "clock" on it..LCD on front shows channel..any suggestions? I've searched everywhere.

·
Registered
162 Posts
hit menu, menu then go down to setup and cable box. First setting in the list is the front panel display setting...clock or channel. Enjoy!

·
Registered
162 Posts
No I don't think they sell the DCX3400. Bianco's Electronics used to sell boxes when they were Persona...you could try asking there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hit menu, menu then go down to setup and cable box. First setting in the list is the front panel display setting...clock or channel. Enjoy!
Thank you so much!!

That being said we've had the DCX3400 for 4 days and have not been impressed at all. It keeps freezing..2 of our shows we recorded were both froze half way through..we all keep getting the "Cablecard Pairing Error"...hopefully Eastlink will work the bugs out sooner rather than later!

·
Registered
694 Posts
@Kim_K, Sounds like a bad unit,I've had the 3400 for months now and have had no such problems with it here in Halifax. The unit has worked flawlessly for me and I've been very impressed with it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Has anyone in Delta bought the DCX3400 yet from FS or BB? I spoke with a CSR last night and she said that they don't them. I would have to go to FS or BB.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Have you tried connecting an external drive lately? I have a DCX3400 from Eastlink and it is working with an external drive. You may have to call and get them to refresh your box. That's all I had to do and it has been working great ever since.

·
Registered
36 Posts
if you read some of my other posts, you will notice out west we have a connectivity problem with having different companies blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda! haven't bothered yet... but we will do. it's currently in another room, we are emptying our Pace content before we switch rooms.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm pretty sure we used these ones.

Add 30-Second Skip
Code:
[B]Add 30-Second Skip[/B]

The following technique can be used to map an unused or unneeded button on the "silver" remote to the 30-second skip command. Current versions of the i-Guide software will skip forward 30 seconds into a recording when this command is sent. A good choice is the 'A / Lock' button since many users don't need that function; you can feel both the '15-second-back' and '30-second-skip' buttons with one finger and move between them without looking. Another option is to reprogram the '15-second back' button, since PgDn already provides that functionality. Some users have found, however, that double-clicking the play button results in a 30-second skip forward.[LIST=1]
[*]Press the "Cable" button at the top of the remote to put it into Cable Box control mode.
[*]Press and hold the "Setup" button until the "Cable" button blinks twice.
[*]Type in the code 994. The "Cable" button will blink twice.
[*]Press (do not hold) the "Setup" button.
[*]Type in the code 00173.
[*]Press whatever button you want to map the 30-second skip command to (ex: A / Lock). The "Cable" button will blink twice if successful.
[/LIST]
Anyone have any luck with this? I can't get it to work on mine.

Anyone have the 30 second skip working? Would very much appreciate some info. Thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Anyone have any luck with this? I can't get it to work on mine.

Anyone have the 30 second skip working? Would very much appreciate some info. Thanks!
I added this just after I got my new box. Worked first time and has worked well since. I mapped it to the "D" key and I am very pleased with it.

101 - 120 of 218 Posts