Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

181 - 200 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Anybody having this problem. Set a recording from the guide on a hd channel, see it recording on the hd channel( red dot in guide and rec.on display). Go in the list later to watch it and it recorded it on a sd channel ( magic i guess ). Does this on multiple channels like amc,a&e and a few others. ??????

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Nope. I would definitely be giving them a call. It probably needs to have a reset done on it. I've yet to see that happen on my box before or after a firmware update. Just curious, which channel were you trying to record on?:confused:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I'd do it, it's easier than calling in.:) I record A&E at least once a week, no problems. I only recorded AMC when The Killing was on.

·
Registered
580 Posts
On my 2nd 3400 about to get 3rd, tech comes tomorrow can't get channels I subscribe to authorized" yet channels I'm not subscribed to work plus its screwing up recordings.

I'm no tech head but the things dying I wake up to a new glitch every morning anyone else have a lot of trouble with these 3400 DVR's?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Those problems sound much more like software issues than anything to do with the hardware itself. Usually issues like this should be able to be resolved remotely if you can get a skilled tech.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Those problems sound much more like software issues than anything to do with the hardware itself. Usually issues like this should be able to be resolved remotely if you can get a skilled tech.
Could be, got new firmware last Tuesday but the issues continue, they checked other people in the area & they are not having problems I assume its the same software for all.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Could be hardware since, everyone around seems ok and, if I'm understanding correctly, it was happenng before the FW update. It sucks to lose the recordings though. :(

There is a very long comment thread on their FB page regarding one person whose 6th DCX3400 is failing. There has to be something else going on, bad signal, fluctuating power. Makes no sense.

·
Registered
949 Posts
It's more likely something to do with their account. Firmware issues affect a wide range of users, but there are all sorts of other factors that come into play on the cable providers side. There are ways to troubleshoot, but generally issues don't get solved because they just get bounced around.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Got it fixed the channels not working was do to a mix up at the Halifax head end he got my channels working with a phone call, the recording problem was a hardware issue so he swapped out the boxes.

Back to running 24:24 firmware though but the guy said that should fix itself over night after she is done downloading stuff.

The important thing is I have a box with everything working on it for the 1st time in a month. :)

·
Registered
580 Posts
So it just downloaded the new firmware & the box locked up, could not change channels it powered up & I could not shut it off by remote or by the power button on the panel.:confused:

Its acting weird 2nd time it locked up in under 2 hours, there what appears to be a lighting bolt blinking on the front panel I'm assuming its still downloading something.

Hoping she will work after everything is downloaded don't really want to call again tomorrow, fingers crossed that its acting weird because on the switch to 32.33 and I wake up tomorrow with all systems go.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Do you have an external hard drive expander attached?

How do you know there has been a firmware update other than checking the service menu every day for the version number?

I'm curious as an Eastlink CSR told me this past week that there has been no firmware updates for the DCX3400 pushed out in the last couple of weeks. Yet I suddenly have external drives that won't function and cause blackouts and freezes that go away once they are disconnected.

181 - 200 of 218 Posts