Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

41 - 60 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I heard a rumor that this unit may have a deal for Christmas but am looking to confirm. Basically it would be two DCX3200 DCTs for $298 which would be a savings of about $58. Will try and confirm today or tomorrow.

·
Banned
181 Posts
Is this the unit getting ready for moca, where ever that happens which I understand will record things and store them @ Shaw`s central server with PVR functionality. I have heard that is the model of delivery being tested??? Anybody on the inside (Shaw) can explain this or not?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
MoCA is for creating your own home 'network' to your PVR from different rooms. Check the MoCA website to find out how it is all supposed to work. The big question is how many features of MoCA will Shaw enable for us?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Received an email indicating the $298 for two DCX3200 (non-PVR HD DCT) is true. Remeber these are MPEG 4 compliant and are NOT expandable to make them into a PVR.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Received an email indicating the $298 for two DCX3200
Thanks Guru. Do they have to be activated on the same account?

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
It the deal valid now or not quite yet?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks Guru. Do they have to be activated on the same account?
The DCTs can be purchased by 1 customer but if you wish to give one away that is fine as well. They do not necessarily need to be activated.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
It the deal valid now or not quite yet?
My understanding was the deal was already supposed to be active. I went and looked on shaw.ca and our internal site and do not see any mention of a start date though. Currently Shaw.ca does not list the holiday special pricing either. May not hurt to wait til Dec 1st.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys so I went to bestbuy today to pick up a 3200. The salesperson there said its not a true hd box and simply up converts the signal? He told me I should get the 250 dollar pace model instead. Is this info correct? I am really confused now

·
Super Moderator
4,494 Posts
Lies told by a salesman...
It is not a PVR... it is an HD Box.

BTW the DCX3400 is on sale $50 off today at FS and BB.
I recommend spending the $350 and never having to watch a commercial again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So it will have no issues on quality with my hd plus package on shaw? To be honest I don't have enough cash to spring for a pvr I just want a cheap hd box

·
Registered
93 Posts
The DCX3200 is a true HD box and also has MPEG4 support which is needed for things like NFL Sunday Ticket, NHL Center Ice and the occasional 3D specials. On the other hand, it may be worthwhile to go with the Pace 758D as it can be turned into a dual-tuner PVR by attaching an external SATA drive to it. If you have a spare SATA HD lying around, it becomes very cost effective.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My understanding was the deal was already supposed to be active. I went and looked on shaw.ca and our internal site and do not see any mention of a start date though. Currently Shaw.ca does not list the holiday special pricing either. May not hurt to wait til Dec 1st.
Was anyone able to get this deal? I can't find any mention of this on Shaw's website.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Picked up the 3200 today at BB for $178. Works good and looks far more attractive on the outside than the 6200 I had before. I chose this one because I already have a PVR 3416 box in another room of the home, so didn't need another PVR one at the moment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Since there is no PVR options at all, I'm thinking about getting DCX 3200 and putting it on my HTPC. I have some question about it.

Is the offer for the 2 DCX 3200 for around $300 on right now? because I can't seem to find that offer on Shaw's products website. Also, if its on sale right now, until when is the offer?

Is there a option to turn off the front IR receiver? I'm gonna put the DCX 3200 in the same room as my Pace Summit which is hooked up to the TV. I dont want the DCX 3200 hooked up to my HTPC to be changing channels when I change the channel on my TV.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Since there is no PVR options at all, I'm thinking about getting DCX 3200 and putting it on my HTPC. I have some question about it.

Is the offer for the 2 DCX 3200 for around $300 on right now? because I can't seem to find that offer on Shaw's products website. Also, if its on sale right now, until when is the offer?

Is there a option to turn off the front IR receiver? I'm gonna put the DCX 3200 in the same room as my Pace Summit which is hooked up to the TV. I dont want the DCX 3200 hooked up to my HTPC to be changing channels when I change the channel on my TV.
The sale should be valid until Jan 31st from the info I have been given. The 2 DCX 3200 for $298 is a special for the newer terminal and is posted on the internal promotions page so coming into the Office you should be able to get this no problem and if there is any bit of a hassle the "Holiday Pricing for HD Terminals" is the correct promo.

Also just checked and does not appear to be an option to ddisable the front panel. Cardboard and duct tape might be the only way.

41 - 60 of 155 Posts