Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
The key feature is MoCA. If a unit doesn't have that then it isn't compatible with the home networking of PVRs that the Motorola units with MoCA will support.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The one that I saw had a display on the front and the only button was a power button.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Well, on an HD box, do you really need RF out or S-Video out? I could certainly live without it. And since the separable security mandate doesn't apply to Canada, the DCX700 fits the bill just fine. Plus it costs $100+ less than the 3200 and is a good bit smaller, and wall-mountable.
You wouldn't think so, but most of centre ice this year is on HD channels only. So if you say and a secondary tv in the house thats not HD, having an SD output (assuming the unit can downconvert hd channels) could be useful.

Other then that it seems kind of redundant.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Latest news I've heard is that nov. 8th these should be out for sale.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Any word on if or when MoCA will be enabled on it?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Confirming pricing of $178 (dollar less than above) or $12.95/month to rent.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Any word on if or when MoCA will be enabled on it?
no word about getting the MoCa connected home technology activated any time soon. Although I'm not in the engineering department so wouldn't know a lot about this option. Haven't really heard much about it lately at all.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Thanks, Shaw Guru.

At least the offering of these units seems to be an indication that MoCA will eventually be available. My guess would be it won't happen until they work out most (hopefully all) of the bugs in the A28 guide software. Needless to say, I wouldn't expect this to be any time in the next year, at least. I will hold off buying a 3200 until they offer MoCA.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Check post #30. These units aren't that much smaller than the original DCT series, just so you don't get disappointed.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Compared to the straight DCX700, the P2 is 'larger'. I just wanted him to realize what he would be getting. Yes, it is a 'smaller' package than the DCT6200.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
My understanding is it should be available as of today. Have not visited retail today but just confirmed with the warehouse they are in stock and on sale at our location.

21 - 40 of 155 Posts