Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Just got word that in Early november we will be launching the DCX3200 model of Motorola HD DCT. This DCT is NOT a PVR and does NOT have a Sata connection so it cannot be made into a PVR. It will be replacing the older motorola 6200 series. We believe the DCT is all digital only and DOES have an HDMI output which is nice. Not sure on the price point but it sounds like it will be less than the Pace Summits. Also the DCT is pretty small. About 2 inches thick and close to the size of a laptop PC.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Good news that MoCA should be enabled shortly after, I would think. Any word on that?

·
Registered
195 Posts
@statman: yes, this will have mpeg4 playback

Jetranger: no word on that yet.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Also, a quick search on Moto's Canadian site doesn't show the DCX700, for some reason. This is a good question.

Edit: 3200 also has an S-Video output (wouldn't think this is a big deal) and accessible M-Card slot. Maybe the latter's the reason?

·
Registered
195 Posts
nah it's just early and I was thinking dct700, my mistake.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Well, on an HD box, do you really need RF out or S-Video out? I could certainly live without it. And since the separable security mandate doesn't apply to Canada, the DCX700 fits the bill just fine. Plus it costs $100+ less than the 3200 and is a good bit smaller, and wall-mountable.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Agreed, I think it would be a preferred option to the 3200.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Perhaps that is the variant they are looking at since no model in particular is mentioned in the original post. It looks like a more typical type of STB with the front display.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Most details are TBD in the system. But it seems far more better choice for a bedroom HD box then any of the current STB's

·
Registered
949 Posts
Too bad they don't release the DCX3300.

"The Motorola DCX3300 is an all-digital High-Deἀnition (HD) Dual Tuner set-top that is DVR-capable via an external eSATA hard drive. The DCX3300 is designed in a new low-proἀle enclosure with a full-featured front panel display. The DCX3300 supports MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC video and Dolby® Digital Plus audio."

1 - 20 of 155 Posts