Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Motorola Atrix, an Android smartphone which was the talk of this years Consumer Electronics Show will be available in Canada, exclusively through Bell Mobility starting March 17.

The Android 2.2 powered device, which will sell for $600, features a Tegra 2 dual core processor, 4 inch 960 x 540 resolution display, 1GB of RAM, microSD slot capable of providing an additional 32GB of storage, HDMI port, Front- and rear-facing cameras and mobile hotspot capabilities.

Reviews of the Atrix from the United States, where the device goes on sale this weekend, have been very positive thanks to its sleek design, sharp qHD display and powerful dual-core processors, however, most reviewers found the docks to be over-priced and underwhelming.

The Motorola ATRIX will be available exclusively from Bell Mobility starting March 17 for $169.95 on a three year term with a minimum $50 voice/data plan or for $599.95 with no term.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd like to see this one in action. Looks and sounds quite impressive.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I'll wait a bit to see if people manage to unlock the bootloader. I do like the ability to load custom roms so this could be a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Looks like the Bell version suffers from the lack of HSUPA support like the US version as well. That means 400kbps upload speeds at most. For such a powerful smartphone this is quite surprising.

As a comparison my Vibrant just got 1150kbps in a moderate signal strength area.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
i still cant see that being an issue for 95% of people.

unless you plan to use it as a hot spot and play games / transfer huge files

besides i thought there was a patch coming .

·
Registered
961 Posts
I've had my Atrix for about a week and absolutely love it.
I've used it as a hotspot once, and it seems to work well, but I wasn't doing heavy use with it...

Nem, who entered the 'Atrix'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts