Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
I told myself that if Froyo was officially available for my Milestone prior to the wifi Xoom being released I'd take that as a sign to get a Xoom and tether all the way.

Still happy with my Milestone 13 months on (no Moto fanboy, just saying).

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was reading on android forums that the milestone 2.2 release in some areas is not going so well. Some serious bugs are popping up making me hesitant to do this update.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does it matter what region you get it from? I am at the Moto UK site and was wondering if the uk 2.2 would work here in Canada.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Android 2.2 for Milestone is FINALLY HERE!!!

Did the update this morning without any issues. The phone was a little sluggish after the update so I did a Titanium Backup (need root), factory reset, then reinstalled everything with the restore function on Titanium backup and all was good other than the stock home screen sometimes being laggy when leaving an app. Fixed that up with the Launcher Pro app and all is good on the home screen front. The stock browser is now better than Dolphin so I switched back to it, but I may try opera and a few others to see which is the best with 2.2. Also installed Flash 10.2 and it works pretty well. It can slowdown some pages but it is still nice to have it. And the two most important things, Universal Androot still rooted the phone and Milestone Overclock works just as good as before.

Pretty happy so far but it has only been a few hours since I did all this so hopefully it continues to work well for the long haul, or until I replace it with a dual core htc or samsung... :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts