Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have more than 6 operational receivers on their account? I just upgraded an older receiver to HD, and deactivated it. However, the SD customer service rep indicated that I could have kept in operational (that would have made 7 rcvrs) at no additional cost. I didn't do it, as we don't have 7 TV's, but maybe all of my kids will get a rcvr in their rooms in the future??????

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I was reminded by the CR who took my order for a 630 that I was already at 6 receivers (4 - 505's; 1 - 405; 1 - 401). A note was placed on my file that I would deactivate the older receiver(s) upon activation of the 630.
I was only asked to deactivate one. The 630 counts as one receiver.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I am the same as you gutter, when I activated a 2nd 530 3 years ago it put me up to 7 receivers and I have had 7 operational for 3 years now at no extra charge. I was going to disconnect an old DSR500 when i activated the 530, but the rep said it was fine at the time.

·
Registered
187 Posts
When I activated what would have been my 7th they told me I had to deactivate one - which I knew and was going to do anyway.
That's pretty cool you guys are able to get away with 7.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I believe that there used to be a time when there was no restrictions on the amount of receivers you could have on an account. I'm pretty sure that the rule is if you activated your account during this time period, that the restriction is waved.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I can't speak on policy, but there is or was a hard technical limitation that I doubt any CSR's know about.

It has to do with the number of tiers activated.
The way it works is you can have all boxes fully loaded, which may max out around 6 or 7 boxes, maybe more, but if your packages are small, then you could have a dozen or more boxes.

I don't know the exact number or quite how it's calculated, but that's the reason they arbitrarily limit it, just to be safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts