Registered
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone like the Moody Blues?
There's a concert on WNED from 10:30 to 11:30 PM tonite

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Darn, must have either missed it, or Telus Optik TV doesn't have WNED... can't find it in the guide. :(

Would have been a great show to record/watch.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I missed most of it myself...the OTA guide actually said 10:30-11:30. Maybe they haven't synced up with daylight savings time, 'cause the zap2it guide seemed to reflect 10-11...
they usually put that stuff on a few times though like ya say, keep an eye out for it again if ya get any PBS Local stations (google it).

edit: on again here, March 18th at Midnight, qued it up for mythv this time.

http://www.wned.org/tv/features.asp?type=music

Moody Blues Live from the Greek Theatre
Monday, March 14, 9:30 pm & Friday, March 18, 12 am
Recorded at Los Angeles’ famed Greek Theater during their 2005 World Tour, this rare live concert special is pure Moody Blues.

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
This and one or two other Moody concerts are also often available on HDNet. I have two on my PVR. I don't wish to drive this thread off topic, but HDNet airs several concerts a week (many on the weekends), many of them repeated quite often. If you can get HDNet, well worth checking out. The PQ and AQ on HDNet can often be superior too.

Here's an old thread on the topic:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=52125

On occasion I've recorded the supposedly identical programme on CBC, PBS and HDNet and have found differences in the programming - different songs, since not all were played on certain channels, different PQ (4:3 vs "HD" vs better HD) and DD2.0 vs DD5.1. And on CBC and PBS, often improperly encoded DD5.1 with audio out the LF & RF only on material that they received two-channel.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I have enjoyed this concert so many times on different PBS stations over the years. I finally broke down and bought the DVD from a Canadian online seller. It's called "Hall of Fame - Live from the Royal Albert Hall". I also bought the DVD "Threshold of a Dream - Live at the Isle of Wight Festival". Surprisingly good sound and PQ from a 1970 recording.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I saw the Royal Albert Hall concert on a PBS pledge drive about 10 years ago and it led to me buying one of their CDs. I much prefer this one to the current Greek Theatre concert. They look a little "long in the tooth" in the latter and don't sound quite as good as they did in the Albert Hall. I wish PBS would vary the concerts a bit more from year to year in these pledge drives and bring back some of the older favourites. But I am glad to hear it is available on DVD still.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts