1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
451 Posts
I just tried the link bell.ca/canadiens and it brought me to the download site, only problem is that its not out for the Iphone yet as it says "coming soon.". :(

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they sent out the press release a little early as the apps don't appear to be available yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am outraged, being a Die hard Canadiens fan, i think bell is being greedy with this app, if they would like to buy out my telus iphone plan, i would be more than exstatic to switch over to bell just to get this app. I have a lot of bell equipment and i wish i could get alot of the stuff offered by bell, but i am currently a telus customer. I am saddened to hear this about bell and the canadiens app.

·
Registered
358 Posts
how is this any different then the TELUS CFL app where only Telus clients get the live games? How is it any different then Rogers Sportsnet App where Rogers customers can watch live Sportsnet broadcasts? Bell has done nothing more then take a page out of other carriers books and created an app exclusive for their customers.

It's not right, but they are not the only ones doing it.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It isn't any different. As noted in the article, the practice is known as tying and in many countries, its illegal.

As long as the CRTC allows Bell, Shaw and Rogers to own every media asset and distribution source, consumers in this country are <expletive deleted>

·
Registered
358 Posts
^^^
Best phrase I've heard all week!

EDIT: Reports on a popular BlackBerry website have suggested that the app has been installed on many Telus mobility BlackBerries and "in full working order". If anyone here is with Telus and can confirm please do.

Also, wording from the conditions on Bell's website

[1]
Free app but download fee from your carrier may apply. Video content like Canadiens’ reality show and coach comments only available to Bell customers.
[2]
Unlimited NHL available in addition to a Bell Mobility monthly plan. Available for the 2010-2011 season only, is subject to change and black-out periods may apply without notice. Limited content with certain devices, while roaming and during off season. Other conditions apply; see bell.ca/NHLmobile.
® Registered trade-mark of Molson Canada 2005.
Sounds like only the Canadiens' reality show and coach comments are only available to Bell customers, but the rest of the app will work on any carrier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts