Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I'm sure it's apparent to many, we have had a monopoly going on in Canada now forever - first with Bell, then with Rogers/Shaw & then Cogeco.

So I inquired the other day & was told the only way to complain is to the CRTC.

Since it's been suggested Rogers controls the CRTC I mentioned this to the person directing me & she told me to just make the complaint & if that goes nowhere, to then ask who supersedes the CRTC & go from there. I didn't realize the Ombudsman couldn't help b/c they are provincial & the CRTC is Federal.

My question is, has any one of you complained to the CRTC about the monopolization or how they control us consumers & cost us tons of money?

For example, Roger's recent decision to cut back their download cap b/c Netflix entered the market.

If:

1. Yes - what happened with the CRTC?
2. No - why haven't you complained?

Thank you

Michelle

·
Registered
494 Posts
Rogers is a company that always seems to be playing dirty. Just recently Rogers moved all of the Jays games to Sportsnet One to force the other Canada wide TV providers to pick up the channel for a pretty high premium.

I think the best response to Rogers is to speak with your wallet. Cancel all of your services with Rogers and move to another provider.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts