Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have kind of an annoyance with my monitor, it displays faint vertical lines, most of the time you cannot see them, or they're very faint. The lines generally just seem to show up as like a translucent color, the same color as whatever is on screen, just a tad lighter (if the screen is blue, the lines will be lighter blue, if its red, lines are lighter red, etc.) It should up most with dark gray for some reason, more than any other color. The monitor is an LG Flatron. Most of the time it you can't even tell, but it's still annoying. here is a picture with the dark gray screen...

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Judging from that picture, I'm assuming you are hooked up through a VGA connection. If your monitor and video card can accept a DVI cable, I'd highly recommend trying that. If not, I'd try a different VGA cable.

Alternatively, you could try pressing your monitor's Auto Adjust button and see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
I would also make sure that the video card resolution matches the native monitor resolution. Artifacts such as these can be cause by scaling. Setting the video to the native resolution of the monitor and using a DVI cable should eliminate scaling artifacts.

This could also be a video card problem. Have you tried it on another PC?

·
Registered
537 Posts
We have a LG Flatron also experiencing the same lines but it is way worse than yours.

I personally didn't use that monitor, but I believe it progressed from being faint to the way it is now. I suspect yours will eventually get worse too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's actually hooked through DVI. I bought a new video card online on the 29th, so it should be here next week. Don't think it's the card though, I tried turning the PC off, and just turning the monitor on, and the lines still exist.

·
Registered
38 Posts
-comment

thats a unique one, but not really a old problem either...

disconnect the monitor cable from everything and hook it back up again... keep it clear of other cables... you may have a shielding issue.

photo shows only a single image.

take the monitor and try it on the kitchen table with a notebook... and prehaps also another cable...

could also be that monitor may have been exposed to humidity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts