Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past month i have had nothing but hacked games, taking often 5 or more tries to get a clean game... now i noticed im leveled up to max with all weapons unlocked from a hack im assuming.. Anyone else feel the pain of these game hackers? The game has been ruined for the most part for me now..

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/modern-warfare-2-hacked-ps3/

·
Registered
260 Posts
I never thought I'd hear myself say this but...

Perhaps Sony should start taking some lessons from M$ and start perma-banning modded consoles, users, and games from their network. Once you brick a couple thousand or more units and user accounts from ever being able to connect to the PSN network again, you'll get the cheaters attention and people will think twice before they mod their consoles. Otherwise, like you said, the entire community gets inundated and it's no longer fun for anyone.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Without getting into piracy how-to's, I'm wondering how people hack in MW2 on the PS3. Does it have something to do with how people hacked to play bakcups on their PS3, or weren't people hacking PS3 Call of Duty games long before?

I'm on the 360 version of Black Ops, and I just assume those guys who finish 40-2 are hacking. Frustrating for sure.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the PS3 when your inside a hacked game you will see things such as:
-Red menu overtop the game with a menu of havok the hacker can choose from
-if you dont see that menue watching your kill cam will show how a hacker in a room accross the map had a square box around you in another room. pulls trigger and your dead.
-i have been in zero gravity maps
-i have had all players sucked into the center of the map and all get killed at the same time
-i had seen one time where the hack menu had a selection to lower player rankings. luckily for me i was hit with the opposite im fully unlocked.

Anyway its usually very obvious.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
So did all this only become possible when the PS3 was recently hacked, or was this going on since MW2 was released in 2009?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Modded games like MW2 have nothing to do with hacked PS3's. I was reading that modded games were around on PSN long before there was a hacked PS3.
It's sad that people resort to this though.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
There were mw2 hacks and mods before the ps3 security breach. I remember the care package cheat and that was frustrating. The way it was done then was you download a code onto a flash drive, plug it into the ps3, fire it up and do some funky button presses and voila, care packages galore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts