Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when I get home or when watching my TV, the model switches formats on me without touching anything. It will drop down from 1080i to 480p, etc. The receiver is just over a year old. Then I have to reset it manually because the menus are so large that I cant navigate the menus since they are not visible. I am just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or even heard about it. Thanks very much.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I have never seen or heard of that happening before on any Bell Receiver.

Is it possible that it is not just the Format of the Screen that has changed.?
Try pressing the * key to scroll though all the options.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Check your tv settings, so that it doesnt auto detect the format, make sure its set to 16:9 or full. I'm pretty sure it isn't a receiver issue.

·
Registered
358 Posts
also, SD channels can be set to stretch to full screen or partial zoom and when the change is made once, it will become the default. Like Pinza said, press the * key to go through your screen size options or page up button (same function from both buttons on the remote)

is this happening on SD channels or HD channels or All Channels? The more info you can give us the more it will help

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
56,505 Posts
I also have never heard of it changing format. How do you know it's going from 1080i to 480P. Do you check the input to the TV via a "display/enter/info/similar" button with the TV remote, or are you noticing a different stretch mode as mentioned in the posts above. The STB will remember the stretch mode for SD and HD channels separately.

It could possibly be IR interference - check out the following thread on that topic:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=64463

Then check out the following useful post:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57741

1 - 5 of 5 Posts