Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mobilicity has revised their talk and text plans, making them substantially more appealing.

The $25/month plan now includes text & picture messaging, local calling, caller ID, and Mobilicity to Mobilicity calling.

The $35/month plan adds voicemail, call waiting, call forwarding,
3 way calling, and province-wide long distance.

The $45/month plan adds Canadian and US long distance and global text messaging.

Unlimited data can be added to any of these plans for $10/month (or $20 for BIS).

This means that an unlimited local talk, text, and data plan can be had through Mobilicity for $35/month.

Expect details on launches in Edmonton, Vancouver, and Ottawa this week.

Is this enough to draw anyone into Mobilicity?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
In addition to announcing new voice plans, the company cut the price of its Unlimited Internet Access plan from $40 to $20 per month when bundled with a Mobilicity voice plan.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Unlimited data can be added to any of these plans for $10/month (or $20 for BIS).
In addition to announcing new voice plans, the company cut the price of its Unlimited Internet Access plan from $40 to $20 per month when bundled with a Mobilicity voice plan.
So what am I missing? Isn't "unlimited internet access plan" essentially "unlimited data"? Put another way, if I need a voice plan to get the $20 "unlimited internet access plan", why wouldn't I just add the $10 "unlimited data" to that voice plan instead?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Unlimited data ($10 add on) is for smartphones. Unlimited internet access ($20 if you have a voice plan otherwise $40) is for laptops (using a data stick).

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you buy the unlimited Internet you get a second SIM for use in a data stick and possibly faster speeds.

Wind data is much more expensive but I believe it's also notably faster. I think Mobilicity also has some ambiguous rules about tethering.

·
Super Moderator
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe. They have a much more aggressive roll-out strategy so they'll likely use their wider presence to their advantage. They also seem to be using short-term promotions to entice new customers over long-term lowest prices.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The low/half price promos are most likely to get as many customers as possible signed up before Mobilicity and Public expand, especially in Western Canada.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts