Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rogers Sportsnet has completed a deal with MLB for a 5 year extension. They are the exclusive Canadian broadcaster for the All-Star game, MLB postseason and the World Series. They will have at least 250 regular season games, with 175 games available in hd spread across its 4 hd channels. There are 51 scheduled Yankee games, 56 Red Sox, and 56 Mariners games. ESPN Sunday Night Baseball also returns.

·
Registered
144 Posts
This is great news, they do a wonderful job with baseball coverage.
I am a little angry about the high number of Yankees and red sox games, but I do understand it is a business and those games will always get more viewers.

·
Super Moderator
4,504 Posts
Agreed, I can't imagine the numbers for a Florida / Arizona Game.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Florida is a fun team to watch with their young talented players, especially Hanley Ramirez their shortstop. I also think there are too many Yankees and Red Sox games, and thats why I subscribe to the Extra Innings package for more choices.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I don't think there's any restriction that says they can't (other than local rights issues/blackouts with the NHL teams). The main reason why they probably aren't carrying all 4 HD channels at this time is because of bandwidth limitations.

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
Well shaw dropped SNET East SD for some stupid reason. It was a diginet too, so it shouldnt' have taken up much space.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Aren't missing much on East... its basically the same as Sportsnet Ontario, with 40 blackouts on East compared to 28 on Ontario

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Baseball season is when you see the most difference in programming on the 4 Sportsnet channels.
AFAIK, the only service with the 4 HD feeds full time is SC.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Baseball season is when you see the most difference in programming on the 4 Sportsnet channels.
AFAIK, the only service with the 4 HD feeds full time is SC.
There is also a difference during the NFL season, but normally 2 feeds have one game and the other 2 have a different one.

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
I might just buy the online package for $110 US and watch EVERY game I want to see online in high quality.
Telus TV in calgary also has all 4 SNET HD channels. BUT they dont have a dual tuner pvr.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Ah yes, baseball returns to SportsNet and that means Jamie Campbell calling the shots again. The good, the bad and the ugly. Please bring back Foulds who speaks like a pro. Campbell raises his voice at the end of a sentence instead of dropping it. Extremely irritating. It sounds like he is asking us instead of telling us.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Ah yes, baseball returns to SportsNet and that means Jamie Campbell calling the shots again. The good, the bad and the ugly. Please bring back Foulds who speaks like a pro. Campbell raises his voice at the end of a sentence instead of dropping it. Extremely irritating. It sounds like he is asking us instead of telling us.
I'll second that. I can't stand him as an announcer and it is the reason why I do my best to either sink up the radio broadcast to the TV or watch the opposing team feed.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Yea I can't stand Campbell, but I'm not a Jays fan so I usually just avoid Sportsnet broadcasts unless Toronto is playing Boston. Rob Faulds was much better. I don't mind Campbell in studio, and I still don't understand why they ever made the switch.

As a snowboarding fan, the worst thing is that I'll have to put up with him for the 2010 Olympics.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I'll third it. I believe hes always said he wouldnt mind coming back to Canada, but like ESPN will ever let that happen. Its sad how good we had it, and now how bad we have it.

And Rob Faulds good ? lol. him and Joe Carter were the worst in the league. Jamie Campbell is even better than him.. and thats sad to say. :)

Anyone know if they are sticking to Consantine (sp) as the colour guy? No more 192837198273 man rotation to confuse the fans? ;) No ideas if Consantine is any good, but cant be worse than Mulliniks.. (seriously, I have never seen a guy butcher the lineups more than Rance, dont they do anything in pregame warmups?)

thats my rants. :)

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I don't even think he knows a lot about baseball, as a colour man at least. He doubles as CHL colour commentator.

And to answer the question, I believe the large rotation is sticking around.

Also, Sportsnet has released their Blue Jays schedule, it is up at Bluejays.com, no word on their other schedule yet.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts