Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the baseball package and when ever they take the Yankees MY 9 feed there are no ad's Michel Kay will say we will be right back and instead of ad's you here the broadcasters chatting with each other, why does that happen?

I just heard Kay trying to clear his throat and it was not a good sound.

·
Registered
320 Posts
They are either taking the feed directly from the venue or some point before it gets to the station where they insert the commercials. Although every announcer has it drilled into him "don't say anything you wouldn't want everyone to hear", this is an accident waiting to happen. It occasionally happens on NHL Center Ice as well.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I was watching a Leafs game online one time and it was the direct feed from the Sportsnet truck, and the intermissions were just this old camera pointed at a count down clock, even heard Greg Millen say a few vulgar comments when they were in commerical

·
Registered
781 Posts
For many games that air on local OTA stations in the US, the only way to get the feed is from the venue (same feed that goes to master control for the station), as the local affiliate station is not carried on satellite the way other sports networks are. In other words, it's a raw feed. On the sports packages, these intermissions are supposed to be blacked out but it sometimes doesn't happen.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Probably because WGN9 Chicago is available on Canadian providers, so they just pull the WGN feed over to the Extra Innings channel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts