1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Multiple tweets from

http://twitter.com/#!/jayhaed over the last few days saying

MIX FM ON AIR!!! LISTEN LIVE AT WWW.MIXFMOTTAWA.COM
I listened in today and it appears to be a lot of dance music.

DJ Jay and DJ Angeo are billing the station as MIX-FM in Ottawa (CKLI at 106.5 FM) although to my knowledge this is only an online station.

·
Premium Member
9,277 Posts
DJ Jay and DJ Angeo are billing the station as MIX-FM in Ottawa (CKLI at 106.5 FM) although to my knowledge this is only an online station.
I tried to tune it in just now, but I'm not getting anything at 106.5. Then again, I may be too far from the source (>10km.) for proper reception if they are in fact broadcasting at that frequency.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's ONLINE only. Despite the CKLI 106.5 FM references it is not on-air.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'll keep an eye on the Saade Inn as I pass on the way to and from work to see if there is any activity on the remaining antenna mast.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, just wanted to make sure that I was clear.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Presumably not. Last time I checked, broadcassting over the internet did not require a license. The only breach would be if he spoke of the people he had threatened.

·
Super Moderator
4,497 Posts
What about not paying fees to the artists he is playing?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
It would be up to groups such as SOCAN and FACTOR and others to determine if royalties are due.

It then returns to the legal system if said groups feel compensation is needed.

Cameron

·
Super Moderator
4,497 Posts
According to SOCAN's website:
Q: How do I protect my copyright on the Internet?
A: Always place the copyright notice (i.e. © Your Name 2007 [year of first publication]) on all your works to give notice of your copyright claim to potential users. Beyond that, it's up to you to be diligent and watch for any evidence of infringement. Then you can request that the infringer stop using your works or even take legal action. There's no policing mechanism yet over copyright on the Internet.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Magnet,

Thanks for the clarification!

Cameron

1 - 13 of 13 Posts