Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At CEDIA today, Mitsubishiannounced its 1080p HC7000U and HC6500U front projectors available only through custom home theater systems integration and high-end retail channels.These HD projectors boast a new sleek and highly stylized design with a rich black cabinet and are also two of the quietest projectors on the market today, emitting only 17 dBa in low mode.

The flagship HC7000U HD projector uses polarization to create one of the highest contrast ratios available in a projector of this caliber. At 70,000:1, rich details, deep blacks, and great depth and dimension are obvious in dark scenes like those in classic film noir and action films.

No prices announced

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
US Pricing
  • HC7000U - $3,995
  • HC6500U - $2,995

·
Banned
403 Posts
These look good. The Mitsubishi projectors have been known for their sharpness, often looking sharper than Epson and Sony, JVC and Panasonic, Sanyo etc. Not that the others areblurry, but the Mitsubishi generally seems sharper than the others. I had an Epson 1080 and a 1080UB and while very nice, there was something soft about the picture. I've seen a JVC RS1 albeit projecting Guitar Hero and Rock Band (friends party)... and it looked fairly good. The Mits HC7000 has the Reon VX video processor which is an excellent de-interlacer and scaler, and also has vertical stretch for use with anamorphic lens! :)

Of all the projectors, the Mitsuhishi has me interested because of it's sharpness. Also, all of the newest LCD projectors are looking like they have much higher ANSI contrast too, and that should make things look better in mixed light level scenes. If anybody is interested in the HC 6500 or 7000 .. let us know if you take the leap :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts