Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
Its funny every time I see the add on Rogers SN 360 they mention all the others, yet the fail to mention Bell every time, even though its on Bell? I wonder if this is done on purpose? Knowing Rogers probably? WWE Network has been on Bell for months, so there's noo excuse for not mentioning them?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Maybe it is because Bell subscribers can't access the WWE Network online version? More than likely though it is just because of their petty rivalry.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Just curious...

Any chance of getting this updated? I know there are a good number of ones listed as missing for Cogeco Ontario but have been added since and instead of going through 10 or so pages.

It would be nice to compare among satellite, IPTV and cable.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Is ION Television available anywhere in Canada ? I subscribe to Bell Satellite at home and Cogeco at the cottage but do not see ION on their channel lists. And I know it is not on Videotron either. There are several ION stations near the Canadian border (but unfortunately not near Montreal) and I would like to get this network.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
No. The only way to get IONTV is by getting it via OTA. None of the CRTC approved local over-the-air television stations in the United States that are carried in Canada are IONTV affiliates.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Is there a reason for ION not to be on the CRTC's list ? I think it would fit nicely with the Superstations package.

I remember a few years back, Videotron carried low-power WWBI-27 from Vermont. It was an ION affiliate (or maybe it was called "i" at that time). Unfortunately, the station went dead in 2007.

·
Registered
422 Posts
CRTC seems largely hesitant to add additional US stations to the permitted list at this point. They don't even acknowledge CW as a broadcast network to allow its affiliates in. The affiliates of that network we do have were permitted before that network existed. Even the Superstations are only allowed because they're grandfathered in. They aren't really superstations these days.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
As a side, if you really wanted ION and can't get it from OTA since CRTC hasn't approved, I believe they broadcast in the clear in digital on C-Band SES 3 at 103.0°W 3840 H tp 7

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. However, I only have a KU-band antenna and am very reluctant to go to C-band. So I guess I will just have to wait and see if ION makes a come-back in Vermont... eventually.

141 - 157 of 157 Posts