Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was told that Bell would be sending me 4 new smartcards to fix the problem with the missing channels, Purolator showed up today with 4 replacement receivers (with smartcards), i was pleasantly surprised. All the channels are working again and everything is back to normal.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Well they are a Communications Company TorontoHD1 and that is something they have never been good at....lol

Just make sure that when you send the old ones back you keep documentation, as I know at my own cost that they sometimes 'forget' to scan them ito the system when they get them back resulting in a very big shock on your next monthly bill....

·
Registered
12 Posts
missing chanells

torontohd1 did they send anyone out to look at your receivers or signal strength,how old are your receivers?a tech tried to send me replacement receivers couldnt do it says they are out of warrenty,sending tech to fix problem tonight.which i know they can not as boxes have no cards.card chip inside needs to be replaced.did you get new receivers or refurb ones?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I probably had over 20 conversations with Bell over a 2 week period about the missing channels. I got fed up with the constant BS they were handing me and i gave them an ultimatum, rectify the problem or i’m switching providers.

They tried to tell me that there was an issue with my signal/equipment which i quickly shut-down. I did a thorough check of the LNB’s and SW44 switch and everything was in order. If there was an issue with my equipment than the adjacent channels on each transponder would be missing as well as the channels that were initially missing. If there was an issue with the receiver than why did all 4 receivers show the exact same problem? Everything pointed back to Bell and their updates. I told them i have a background in satellites, and they weren’t dealing with a stooge, the problem wasn’t on my end and they didn’t bother sending out a tech.

My receivers are old and i own all of them. They sent me refurbished receivers which is fine, the hard drive on the replacement 9241 was a nice upgrade. I just hope the capacitors on the 9241 are still good, i just swapped out all of the capacitors on the one i just sent back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
missing chanells

I finally talked to the right person,who admitted bells update messed all the receivers with no cards looks like theyare sending out new receiver with cards in them at no charge,earlier that asked me to swap out a box and pay a $15 a mont5h rental for a box i payed for and they broke.i said no.they must have alot of people phoning and complaining and threatening to quit.sometimes that is what you have to do .

·
Registered
182 Posts
Looks like some are having luck with Ma Bell replacing their receivers for this issue. I will have to give them a call today.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
missing chanells

Make sure you hold your ground and not pay a rental fee for a box you bought even if it is old as they broke it not us the paying customer,no install fee either,they are trying to claw back as much as they can to pay for there mistake.maybe somebody should lose their year end bonus.

·
Registered
182 Posts
So it has been a while now since we lost the SN and TSN channels. I have called numerous times to the Loyalty Department about it. The first few times they had no idea of what was going on, reset this, unplug that, Tech visit, and nothing worked. Last Friday (5th call) they finally admitted of a known issue since the updated software a few weeks ago. Said the only way to resolve it is to replace the receivers. They agreed to send me new receivers. I am thinking GREAT...... right? Wrong!!

Yesterday I get 1 new smart card in the mail....so I call Loyalty back again last night to ask why?. They had NO RECORD OF MY PREVIOUS CALL!! Unbelievable! So I had to start from scratch again...This time he says they cant replace receivers that I own outright. Really!! You download new software onto all of the receivers and then say to your customer that your equipment is outdated and wont work with that software?? Then he says that the decision to replace "owned" receivers needs to come from higher up.

Had me on the phone for over 2 hours again last night, on and off with him and their "Tech 2 Level". It was going on for too long and they were not getting back to him so he took my info and said they will call back within 24hrs. Somehow, I doubt it very much!!!

These guys are really a joke!

·
Registered
12 Posts
missing channels

Looks like i am in the same boat i talked to a rep last thursday who said i would be getting new receivers,i got new cards instead,they sent installer out the day before on wednsday who could not fix anything.they want me to rent a box for 15 a month to replace the box they broke with there update.i will be calling bell on saturday if new boxes do not arrive today.they are trying to cheap out ,causing lots of mad customers.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Phone them up and tell them you'd like to cancel. You'll be shunted to loyalty and they can do much more than the run of the mill so-called agents.

·
Registered
12 Posts
missing channels

called again as they sent 4 cards to try and get 9242 box working ,has internal smart card that can not be pulled out to replace with new one .they are screwing people around to see how much they can save.profits of 700 million for 3 months.sat side lost 26000 customers,makes you wonder how much they really want to keep sat business going.they lost 38000 the quarter before.at this rate something has to give.sending out new boxes im told last week told same thing ,they sent cards.

·
Registered
178 Posts
On my 6131 converted to PVR, I noticed I am missing A & E which is 1 of my 10 for $20 add on to the starter pack. I am not going to do anything since I am PVRing a lot of shows, none on the A&E channel. I will try it later on.

Just another box affected.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well... I had no luck yesterday with them. Another hour on the phone and still no resolve. Another promise by them to get a case manager to call me back. This is the third time, been waiting since last Wednesday for a so called 24hr call back.

What I really cant stand is that every time I call I have to start from the very beginning. These guys are programmed to try and get you to reset your boxes. Same line every time..."Sorry for inconvenience sir.. I will try to do what I can for you"

Now awaiting another call back to day. I will not hold my breath.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Have you tried removing your receiver from your account and then adding it back? That worked when I was missing channels. If that does not work and you want action from Bell go on the website and find the place where you can make a complaint. After submitting a complaint someone will call who can actually make things happen. In my experiences bell takes these complaints very seriously. They gave me a $250 credit for what I went through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes I have tried all of the resetting.. and then some from their end.. no luck.

I don't see anything on their site where I could file a complaint. Where do yo look under??

·
Registered
12 Posts
missing channels

Bell has to replace the receivers they damaged with there update.keep the pressure on threaten to go to crtc,or cancel service the
bottom line is there only concern,they know they caused the boxes to lose the chanells they want to not pay for as many customers as possible, call every day if you have to.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Finally got a call back from a "Case Manager" last night, and luckily it was someone coherent and on this side of the world!!

All of a sudden they know all about the issues with the missing channels. She said it is a problem with many older receivers. She will be sending me a new card for the 9242 because she said there are no boxes to replace them. But... for the 6131's they will be sending me a box with a new card. I asked what model she would be sending and she replied the same 6131.

Why not just send me a card and I will just place it in my 6131 i said.... Apparently she cant send me just a card, but needs to send the entire receiver with the card. Doesn't make sense...but whatever fixes this mess is fine with me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
missing channels

giovanni does your 9242 have card in it now, or is it internal,if internal they will have to replace the box.they sent me card for mine did not work.box needs to be replaced,

21 - 40 of 44 Posts