Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9242 receiver on a Legacy package. I just recently noticed that I am missing a number of TMN HD channels such as 1253 and 1254 even though I get others. In fact, 1253 and 1254 don't even show up in the guide in red on ALL CHANNELS or ALL HD. That's the same for TSN HD on 1400 also. I should note that I don't subscribe to TSN HD but I do get TSN SD on 400.

I have done numerous check switches, re-boots of the 9242 to no avail.

This past Sunday, I called Bell TV. After going through a lengthy process including "hitting" the sat signal again to my receiver, the channels were still missing. The rep decided to send a tech to the house.

The tech came this afternoon. He confirmed that the installation and equipment are all working perfectly. He called Bell and got them to "hit" it again. However, more than 2 hours later, I was still missing channels.

So I called Bell again. Got a rep who spoke (off the line) to a level 2 tech. I was told that because I am on an old Legacy package - first signed up in 2003 - I was on a different platform and therefore I couldn't get those channels. I would have to "upgrade" to the new platform now or in the near future when different programming options are to be made available to all.

Can anyone tell me whether this is true or am I getting the "brush off"?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but I already looked at that thread which specifically advises to post in a different thread if, after troubleshooting, you are still missing channels - http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=96604

"Some posts deleted. This thread is not for members to post when they are missing channels. This thread is strictly for discussing steps to troubleshoot.'

If all of these steps have been done and you still are missing channels, then call Bell.

If Bell, can't fix the problem, then you may wish to post in a different thread in this forum."

So, I am still hoping that someone knows what's going on in my situation.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Can't speak for TMN channels, but I recall from years ago when I used to be Legacy that TSN-HD is not part of the legacy HD offering (Legacy + HD pack) even though you get TSN-SD. However at the time I was able to get TSN-HD a-la-carte for something like $2.50/mo but not sure if they still allow you to do this. Any programming switches now and you may have to surrender your package. They intentionally did this to entice people to swtich.

·
Registered
4 Posts
9200 Missing Channels 1253 & 1254

I have the same problem that the OP has. I have an old 9200 that I hadn't been using because the HDD had crashed but recently got a new TV and needed and HD receiver for it.

After hooking it up, all the channels were missing (as I would have expected if it hadn't been used for a while) and called bell to have the receive reactivated (or a programming hit sent to it).

After a few days I noticed that I was missing 4 channels in HD. Called Bell about it and they changed the package names that I'm subscribed to (I've been a BEV customer since around 2000) and sent a 'hit' to my 9200.

After that, I was still missing 1253 & 1254 (M-XS and MFUN both in HD). I've called 4 separate times to resolve this issue with several resets, check switches, unplugging of the receiver and 'hits' to the receiver to fix the problem BUT to no avail.

The last tech I talked to said that I might need a new receiver (which is total BS 'cause I used to get those channels on that same receiver) but because it's out of warranty, I would have to buy/rent a new one. That's not going to happen.

I'm wondering if the OP figured out what his/her problem was or if anyone else has a fix.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
After several attempts, it might be that the Bell CSR will have to remove ALL programming from the 9200 and then reactivate it and add back the programming.

This normally fix's this issue but can only be done by wasting another 30 minutes on the phone with Bell.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finally Works!

Thank you Pinza. I called Bell today and asked them to remove the programming to my 9200 receiver and then add it back and about an hour later I had ALL of the channels that I am subscribed to.

Thanks again :D

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
No problem and thanks to you for the update.

·
Registered
4 Posts
9242 for $160

Really? What would I have to do to get the swap for the 9242?

I purchased the 9200 a long time ago (i.e. past the 1 year warranty) and I do NOT have the Bell monthly warranty service (I don't remember what it's called). Would I just call Bell and ask them to repair it? That would be awesome if I could replace my 9200 with a 9242 for only $160!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts