Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of replacing my Motorola Mike phone with a Mike Blackberry Curve 8350i. Does anyone out there have any opinions good/bad on the 8350i? Is the "Direct connect" feature just as good as other Mike phones? How is it for internet use, how good is the 2MP camera?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Personally, I have co-works that wouldn't wish this phone on their worst enemy.

The BlackBerry in question is 3 years old now and software / BBOS is so out of date it isn't even supported by RIM anymore. I believe RIM is getting out of the iSDN game.

Anyone have any other insight?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Is the PTT a required feature or something that you use often? If not, and are interested in getting a BlackBerry there are new models out that are excellent.

Cheers

·
Registered
358 Posts
I stand corrected. I did some digging on my own aside from what co-workers had told me, the 8350i is currently running a recent version of OS5 from BlackBerry. However, as the phone only contains 128mb of functioning memory, it will not be receiving OS6 as other blackberries have or are receiving in the near future. As a PTT functioning phone, I have been told that it works well.

I do stand beside what I said earlier though when I say that the hardware itself is 3 years old and think this phone has seen better days. If you are interested in getting a BlackBerry though its a good starter phone (if it is anything like the Curve 8330's) and you could always sell it later on if you decide that you don't like it or should BlackBerry release a newer iSDN phone in the future. Also I believe that Telus gives you a 14 day trial period (or 30minute talk time) to try it out and see what you think.

Go into a Telus store (or authorized dealer) and take it for a test drive. BlackBerry makes some great devices. Sorry it took a few days for me to look into, been hectic around here lately.

Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts