1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
Isn't this history repeating? Was Wii released before the other two or am I confused?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
The XBox 360 was released in 2005 (I think November) and the Wii & PS3 were released two days apart in November 2006.

·
Premium Member
6,432 Posts
I wonder if Microsoft and SONY are actually waiting to see who will make the first move?

·
Registered
520 Posts
It's always been a race to see who can release the next big console. I doubt they'll release their consoles as late as they say. Atleast it should be a race imo. They can't expect to milk people with outdated hardware for that long.

I know a lot of recently released games tend to push hardware to its limits, why limit them for that long too?

·
Registered
520 Posts
The Wii perception seems to be that its more easier to use than most other electronics, especially to the older stubborn folks who give their grand kids an option other than watching the same DVD's everytime they're over, lol. I don't mean any offense to anyone here, pretty sure most, if not all DH members have no problem adapting or learning newer technology, as you don't choose to avoid it.

The PS3 or Xbox might be more intimidating to some, lol. Then again, the Wii remote changed the view of most people, and gave them a good reason to play video games. Also; In most homes that I've seen a Wii, I've also seen that step pad.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The new wii will have AMD graphics sorta like a HD4700 series power leveraging it above the capabilities of the current 360 and ps3. I suspect MS and Sony will have the best performing GPU out of Nvidia/AMD from their next die shrink once rounded about this time next year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts