Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to watch Optik channels on a windows 7 laptop (wireless, or wired?)
Is it possible to view content located on my Windows 7 laptop on my TV through Optik/MediaRoom?
What kind of integration will I be able to achieve with Optik TV any my Zune?
I've searched the forum for topics, but haven't found anything, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating a question.

Stu

·
Registered
179 Posts
The Windows 7 functionality is in the version 2 release of Media Room, but this version is not yet implemented with Telus and they would have to enable the functionality.

You can't view anything through the Optik client software except for what is on your PVR, but if you use the XBOX as a secondary PVR, you could use it to watch content on the laptop (through Media Center or Windows Media sharing).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response AC.
With all of the talk about the potential of MediaRoom, I'm hoping the integration happens soon, the functionality is enabled, and that the inevitable extra charges won't be through the roof.
Stu

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'd imagine Telus will charge a monthly rate for using your own Win 7 machine as a STB. Probably a rate comparable to the $5/month for using an xBox.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts