Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reboot your boxes for a manual update.

I can't seem to pause live TV yet on the 330, it says "pause is temporarily unavailable. Try again."

EDIT: I'm able to pause live TV after I've been viewing the channel for a few mins

·
Registered
106 Posts
It would be nice to play with it when I got home tonight. Still showing TBD... *fingers crossed*

·
Registered
178 Posts
And what can I do with Mediaroom 2.0.2 ?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I power-cycled my box this morning and it downloaded and installed the new firmware. It took about 10 mins to complete. The pause function on the XBOX now works (after the show has run for a few minutes). Also noticed some new options for the series recordings. Aside from that, I haven't noticed anything else new yet...

·
Super Moderator
16,850 Posts
Series Recording Options

Telus was on Mediaroom version 1.6.25075. MTS was on the same version and upgraded to version 1.6.25314. We got the following features at that time, which should also be in Mediaroom 2.0:
  • Set a maximum number of episodes within a series that your PVR will record and store
  • Decide which series recordings will have a priority in case of recording conflict
  • Delete all recorded episodes of a series at one time on your PVR
  • View favourites or add a channel to your favourites list using the Options button on the remote control.
Keep at Most - Options of 1,2,3,5,7, or 14 episodes. Or "keep all until I erase".

Series Priority - The Series Priority screen allows you to highlight a series recording and move it up, down or to the top of the priority list.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The startup (post-install) seems a little smoother too. HDMI handshaking was never an issue for me (PVR --> AVR --> TV), but the picture always did flicker once before it came on and stayed that way. Now, though, it comes on and stays on without the flicker.

Gamma (or something related to black levels) seems a bit different now too. Where before blacks were, well, relatively black (post-TV calibration), they now seem a little less so. (Has anyone else noticed this?)

The five recent channels is a very nice feature, and the extra record features (series priority/number of episodes to keep) are welcome additions. There's still no way to find out remaining space on your PVR without burrowing through submenus, though. I wish they'd add that in.

·
Registered
241 Posts
-The new version is 2.0.26478.1231
-"Advanced Applications" is a new menu under Settings/General, but when you click it, it says "Reserved for TELUS Customer Support"
-The "Enter/options button" now has gives some favourites options instead of linking directly to aspect ratio
-The "prev" channel button takes you to the previous channel and also pops up the last five
-As mentioned, 330s can now directly pause live TV
-As mentioned, new settings for series recordings
-There are icons for some of the more recent channels (Oasis, Treasure, Rad,) but some of the brand new ones don't have icons (HGTV HD, Wild HD)
-I used to sometimes get a loud pop when I skipped ahead or back, but now I sometimes get a quiet pop. I used HDMI to the TV and optical to a Logitech speaker system

·
Super Moderator
16,850 Posts
Gamma (or something related to black levels) seems a bit different now too. Where before blacks were, well, relatively black (post-TV calibration), they now seem a little less so.
I've heard complaints about Mediaroom colourspace settings. Maybe this is a fix.

I would double-check your TV settings for black levels, colourspace, standard or extended, etc. to see if they make a difference.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I Just updated my 430. I dont like the picture at all now black levels are grey now, with a flairing efect. Colors are faded now dont pop out like before crap picture not like before.:(
I talked to telus tech suport about it. They put me through to solutions but the wait was too long I hung up.
Any one else notice this this overly bright faded picture when updated to MR 2.02??? Telus told me not to update my other boxes for now untel they get a fix???

Some one from Telus here please help about this probem with the latest update.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Gamma (or something related to black levels) seems a bit different now too.
I noticed this as well. It definitely looks like the brightness or whatever has been cranked up too far.

Hopefully playing with the tv calibration can resolve or minimize the problem.

·
Registered
272 Posts
New status bar, It's smaller and more see threw now.. Play/FF/RW a lot easier on eyes/& to read :)

New option where the old Stretch/Zoom is. Aspect Ratio.

Seems to be very laggy, I try to switch option for stretch, when I'm on SD channels and seems sits there for 4-6 seconds before does anything, minor thing but other then that. Nice new features.

Added update:
330 = The HD blue light no longer stay on for my STB anymore. As it hooked up via S-video..
430 = when on SD channel, Hit Guild.. The background picture goes to 4:3 format while browsing guild..
Didn't it stay full screen/stretch before? Is this a bug or working at intended?
(my Pvr is HDMI connection, 1080i currently )

Blue Hd light stays on while on SD channel, Though that may just because my pvr running via HDMI..
So it assume.. HD all the time?..
It was always on all time before for both 330/430 on old firmware.

Sighs Still no 5.1 DD Audio info on guild for HD channels,. Maybe next update..

·
Registered
34 Posts
I hate the new 5 channel last button. I want it gone from my box
I agree. Hate that feature. I hit recall channel because I want to go back to the channel I was on. Not the last 5 channels.

On a positive note all of my recordings that previously wouldn't play, the issue where it just plays a black screen, all work now! Glad I didn't delete them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Extenders

While I don't hold out much hope of this happening anytime soon, one of the features I really want from Mediaroom 2.0 is the ability for a Windows 7 Mediacenter to see the STB as an extender, allowing one to watch TV from any windows 7 PC (and possibly any Windows 7 Phone device too).

Mediacenter doesn't see any extenders on the network, and I can't manually add the STB as an extender as the STB does not expose its 8 digit setup key.

However, the XBoxes seem to be using the STB as an extender (I don't have an xbox, so I don't know exactly how that setup works). So I still have hope that this setup might work in one of two ways:

1) Maybe the STB does expose a setup key for the XBox - it just isn't accessible through the public menus of the STB. Any chance there's a hidden menu or something where this might be available.

or

2) The XBox itself exposes an 8 digit setup key. Can anyone with an XBox as STB and a Windows 7 computer with Media Center try to connect their computer to the Xbox? A quick setup guide can be found by googling "8 digit setup key xbox", and clicking the link from features.teamxbox.com. Sorry no direct link - my posts get delayed a day or two when I embed links.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yep, this is great, I got home, rebooted all the boxes an now they can all pause live TV. Cool. I also like the improvements they've made to the recordings section.. Little by little, it gets better.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Psyang,

I currently have my XBOX connected to my Windows 7 PC and have it setup as an extender (for Media Center), but the Optik software on the XBOX is its own blade and does not have any interaction with Media Center.

My guess would be that any Media Center functionality would be in the form of a client/interface direct from the Windows 7 PC to the HDPVR (and possibly with a license fee similar to the XBOX, but again I am speculating).

Keep in mind the XBOX is just running a client session when it runs as an extender for Media Center. The tuners/applications reside on the host Media Center PC.
I don't think it would make sense to go through the 360 (as it is just an interface itself).

1 - 20 of 221 Posts