Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1181 - 1191 of 1191 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
CKND not scanning in here. Neither 19 or 40. Might be picking up an interfering signal from the south.
Funny only noticed it gone this week.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here in Winnipeg CKND has been solid since they switched to channel 19. I wonder if you are experiencing interference from KVRR Fargo?

·
Registered
59 Posts
CBC Television service interruption from July 10-14, 2020 for viewers who use over-the-air indoor or rooftop antennas in Manitoba
  • Jun 24, 2020, Winnipeg
CBC/Radio-Canada announced today that from July 10-14, 2020, mandatory updates to CBC’s transmission infrastructure will interrupt CBC TV service for some viewers in Manitoba.
Those viewing CBC television in Manitoba using over-the-air indoor or rooftop antennas will not have access to CBC Television, channel 27, during that period. However, viewers accessing the above channel via satellite and cable subscriptions will not lose service. CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to ensuring we support our viewers through this change to ensure they can continue to access great local and national CBC Television content.
Audiences can continue to watch CBC Winnipeg News at 6 during that time live on CBC GEM at 6:00 pm CT, at cbc.ca/manitoba or on CBC Winnipeg’s Facebook page at facebook.com/cbcmanitoba.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Because of dtv repack, CBWFT channel 51 is moving to channel 32. I imagine in order to install the channel 32 antenna they need to power down CBWT channel 27 to protect the tower workers. Both antennas are on the same tower.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Can someone please tell tonight's Global Toronto's current weather personality, speaking for our region for some reason, that Winnipeg is NOT Whenapeg.

Thanks.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yes quite likely. Guess I'll have to build an antenna with a really good F/B ratio to pick up CKND. Adding a reflector grid to the GH antenna might do the trick.

Here in Winnipeg CKND has been solid since they switched to channel 19. I wonder if you are experiencing interference from KVRR Fargo?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Awesome inversion this am, logged 44 channels on the TVHeadEnd receiver. Of course many are dupes from repeater transmitters in the US. No CKND though but KVRR is very strong.
Funny that, considering the KNRR transmitter used to be KCND (12) which was purchased by the Asper family maybe 30 years ago, moved it to Winnipeg, and renamed CKND. Bit of history! :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Great morning catch! I'd like to see that list. CKND I imagine is nulled slightly towards the south to protect KVRR and their power is down from 25 kw to 16 kw. KVRR operates at 1,000,000 watts so.......Gotta get that directional antenna facing north!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have a 6' parabolic with an 1800MHz feed that I am not using, maybe I could remove that feed and use a dipole tuned at 550MHz at the feed point. Certainly wouldn't be a tight beam with such a small reflector, but might help shield from KVRR.
I might take a screen shot of the list I have. Blew it out yesterday because I use KODI for TV upstairs, and the channel list was way too long with all the dupes. Nice problem to have though out on the prairies!

1181 - 1191 of 1191 Posts