Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A rumor runs that May 1st will bring 3$ increase on all Internet packages.

And Extreme usage fee will also kick in.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im kind of confirming Excessive charges.

But the increase of price is new.

·
Super Moderator
16,883 Posts
May 2011 Price Increase

Here are the monthly internet prices (not including modem rental):
Code:
Product             	Old	New	Increase

[B]Ontario			[/B]
Essential Plus       	$31.95	$34.95	$3.00
Performance/Fibe 6	$41.95	$44.95	$3.00
Fibe 12               	$51.95	$54.95	$3.00
Fibe 16               	$61.95	$64.95	$3.00
Fibe 25               	$67.95	$70.96	$3.00

[B]Quebec			[/B]
Essential            	$24.95	$27.95	$3.00
Essential Plus       	$32.95	$33.95	$1.00
Performance/Fibe 6	$44.95	$47.95	$3.00
Fibe 10       		$49.95	$52.95	$3.00
Fibe 16       		$59.95	$62.96	$3.00
Fibe 25              	$69.95	$72.96	$3.00
LINK: http://www.bell.ca/shopping/PrsShpInt_PriceNotification.page?EXT=ISP_OFF_URL_priceupdates_mayincrease_Mass_20110207_lc_on_qc_en

Be sure your province is correct at the top of the page.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Wow, if mine goes up by $3 that will be a $13 or $18 increase in the past year or so.

They really want to push me off their unlimited service.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
oh im sure its to improve our already amazing service right? LOL

You know it would not be so bad if they could at least garantee your speed. They have me capped with out any issue on there part when it comes time to charge me for going over, yet they lack the technology to provide me with a download speed they are selling me...

·
Registered
358 Posts
I would be fine with this price increase IF they upped the usage caps. $34.95 for 2gb of usage on the lite package is a total ripoff considering that I pay $30 for 5gb on a wireless stick.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Saw a message on my last bill for a $5 increase next bill with Aliant. I know wrong forum but $3 is better than $5 :)
Everything in perspective, right?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Wow, if mine goes up by $3 that will be a $13 or $18 increase in the past year or so.

They really want to push me off their unlimited service.
They sure do. This $3 increase is on top of the $5 increase I got in January 2011. I will be now pushing $80 a month (taxes in) for 5 Mbit internet service...

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
For those upset, may I suggest investigating alternatives.

Unlimited 10 mbps TekSavvy Cable or unlimited 5Mbps Primus DSL can be had for around $37 per month.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Unless UBB (or it's alternative) makes "unlimited" a thing of the past... so if you have unlimited anything, I suggest you hang on to it for now.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Well anything could change in the future.

I'm simply suggesting that there are some alternatives so now is a good time to consider.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yes, but as like any grandfathered plan, once you walk away, the plan is never seen again.

Lately, ISPs seem to be going through a upheaval (US as well) for bandwidth. I used to have a unlimited plan with my Cell provider, and I walked away. HUGE mistake for me.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
so ltldevl, your suggestion then is to thank Bell for the price increase and carry on? Methinks thou defends Bell too much. You're welcome to stay with Bell but many of us have been saving money for years by seeking out alternatives and I think most people would say that considering alternatives is a smart practice.

Regardless, this thread is NOT about UBB or Grandfathering, its about Bell Price increases

·
Registered
682 Posts
No hugh, you misunderstood. To put it more simply, you were suggesting that there are alternatives to this price increase and what I tried to convey was that when you have a grandfathered plan (as other members have mentioned above), be aware that whole sale pricing may change the unlimited flag to a cap. It's dangerous at this time to move on unless you take the risk. I'm with Bell but the only reason is because of my grandfathered unlimited plan. So my choices are to suck up the increase or move on and take a risk with another provider who is just a re-seller of some of the other big ISPs and you might get shafted. Staying with Bell may also turn into a loss to my unlimited plan, but at that time, I will be able to make a choice. In my case, I prefer to stay and ride out my unlimited plan as long as I can with the price increase.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Bell is making it very evident how they feel by constantly raising the prices of your service to the point you are paying about 2 times what people are with independent ISP's on unlimited plans.

What they are doing to their own customers is similar to what they hope to accomplish with UBB by eliminating the alternatives for people. On and buy the fibe...or so called "fib"tv. Not true fibre optic network...they just call it Fibe ;)...you wont notice the difference except in the wallet. :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
i dont mind what they call it; the competition in QC right now has nothing comparable; no comparable VOD, the menu is easy on the eyes and they have comparable benefits with iOS apps;

as long as the price is competitive i am in..:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would be fine with the $3 increase if their tech support new what they were talking about... from the looks of it.. if they taught chimps to speak English they can do their job over the phone and they already can do the job with there mobile tech support.

I've been having issue's with my internet with bell dropping randomly and often certain days and Bell cant tell me why. Today a tech came over to my house and at first insisted it was my router being the issue, then when he proved himself wrong he insisted it was my nic card. when i proved him wrong he left ;(

your damned if you do and damned if you don't. Ill probably end up switching back to rogers and selling my soul to the devil once again. I was really hoping a change when I switched with Bell, but whats the point of paying a premium when you can't get tech support to actually diagnose a connection issue?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts