Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is a 4 digit code for the new MXv3 remote control that will allow it to control my media center PC (ie. replace the microsoft remote)?

I have used the search function described in the user guide where you press the power button repeatedly till the PC powers up. This works and I am then able to use the learn function to teach the MXv3 to control the media center but this is a tedious process and I would like to avoid doing it again if possible.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Try 1972. I had a different universal remote (can't remember the brand now though) and did some research a long time ago, and programming the "vcr" button on that remote with code 1972 seemed to work quit well. (A few functions we missing, but overall it worked).

Let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately that is not the one. The mode light flashed for 3 seconds which means the remote considers it an invalid code. I tried it on both DVD and AUX buttons.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately that is not the one. The mode light flashed for 3 seconds which means the remote considers it an invalid code. I tried it on both DVD and AUX buttons.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

At least you can teach the remote all the keypresses. Tedious like you said, but it works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts