Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Bell is showing the Masters in 3D this year? I know shaw direct says they are on their website. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's brutal, I mean Bell is one of the Canadian sponsors for the event and they only provide 4 hours of 3d coverage. I know us 3d TV owners are in the minority, but they should provide more 3d programming by now other then that never ending loop they have on channel 1933.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Seems strange. They've got the channel set aside ... don't think that anyone will be upset missing the one episode of "A park For All Seasons" that they show for a few hours this week! At the very least, they should be showing both Saturday and Sunday coverage.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
My guess is Bell will show everything that is available.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Doesn't appear to be so, Hugh. Shaw ran 3d coverage yesterday and Bell didn't. So obviously in some capacity they are truncating the available coverage. I just hope it won't be quite as limited as the news article claims.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Has anyone tried the streaming 3D feed from www.masters.com/3d ? I'm planning on trying it this evening, but not sure if it's going to be available to Canadian IPs.

EDIT: Just tried to access this and the 3D stream is currently working! I just hope they don't restrict access when the live coverage starts at 5:30pm.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Street Preacher. Glad to hear you had success. I'm at work (live on the west coast) so I haven't been able to try this out, though when I go to the website I can view the 3D feed (upper / lower format). So in theory, if I run that via HDMI to my TV I should be able to view it? OR was there something more complicated to the process? Never tried streaming 3D content before like that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes it works running to Tv from pc through HDMI, with much lower quality of course. You just have to set your 3d settings to over under and your good to go. I sent an e-mail to Bell voicing my displeasure at their lack of 3D coverage.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i still can't find any information that confirms there will be 3d coverage on Bell this sunday.Nothing on their website;nothing on the guide (channel 1933).
Is it officially announced anywhere ??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Too bad ...was hoping that the globe and mail piece would be correct and Bell had simply not updated the guide to correspond. I'm certainly less optimistic now ... especially since the piece talks about 4 hours of 3d coverage Sunday when in reality I think there are only 2 hours of 3d being broadcast.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts