Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,074 Posts
Rogers attempting to "encourage" those who want DD5.1 to migrate to their IPTV product? Assuming that Ignite still offers DD5.1 on the same channels?!

·
Registered
718 Posts
They also have way more HD on Ignite, everything is HD unless the broadcaster is not providing it.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Unless it's originating from the broadcaster, this is against CRTC regulations. I've got to wonder what is the source. The affected channels listed are owned by various companies so I've got to assume it's being done by Rogers.

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
^^^^
Perhaps a complaint to the CRTC is in order.

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have plenty of threads on cord cutting, etc, so recent OT posts were deleted from this thread.

·
Super Moderator
56,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In April of this year many of the channels that normally have DD5.1 audio changed (on Rogers Legacy Digital Cable) to two-channel PCM, as discussed earlier in this thread.

I noticed this evening that this issue seems to be resolved. All of the DD5.1 channels are now DD5.1 again. As a matter of fact CNNHD (ch 33) is even DD6.1, which I have seen on very rare occasions years ago when Corner Gas aired in DD6.1. Obviously the channels that were DD2.0 before are still DD2.0. I haven't had a chance to see if this has resolved the issue of significant volume difference between some channels. I'll do some testing in the next few days to see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts