Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to record a one-time event on my Gateway PVR. However, I'll be out of the country for the previous 2 weeks, and the event will probably not be visible on the schedule before I leave.

Is there any way to set up a recording manually?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I'm pretty sure others on here will tell you that you can't, but if you don't have the Shaw Gateway phone app you might want to get that. You can look at the guide and set recordings from anywhere you have internet access. It's a great app so everybody with a Gateway should have it anyway!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi faston:

Thanks for the info.

I have the "Go Gateway" app on an Android phone, but I may not have cell network access when I'm away. I may be too cheap to buy a local sim card, and I'm not certain that the phone is unlocked.

I most certainly will have Wi-Fi access, and the phone definitely connects to Wi-Fi. After a quick test (removed sim card), it looks like the Android app will work on Wi-Fi networks alone. So that may be my solution.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Yes it works on wifi and definitely from California. I used it to delete recordings that we watched in the US to keep space available.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I really going to say that "You can't". But now it seems "faston" is right. Well, there you go now. Congratulations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.