Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my HDPVR 630 and iv noticed that the volume is not as loud as it used to be with my old receiver. It is hooked up via HDMI and so far i have to tune the volume up to 25-28 compared to the 20 it used to be. I know on my old receiver i played with the compression settings and mucked things up for a while so im not to sure what to play with here. i tryed all teh compression settings with no difrence. SHould i shut the receiver off when i change teh settings for them to take effect? I know my receiver is still downloading updats not sure if this has anythign to do with it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi Zrock,

The 630 is a different receiver and you're using different connections. It's normal that the audio would be slightly different. You may also notice a difference on different channels, the audio levels will vary slightly (especially between HD and SD).

If you're connected directly to your TV, setting "HDMI Audio" to "PCM" is the preferred setting. There is no need to turn the receiver off for the settings to take effect, they will take effect as soon as you select "SAVE" and press ENTER.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts