Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning my 5900 PVR was frozen. I had to unplug the receiver to get it to function properly. This afternoon I noticed that it was not recording a show for my wife and when I checked the guide it says it was to be recorded but it didn't. Then when I checked out some of the recordings on the drive I couldn't play any. Then I noticed that although the list showed recordings and the amount of time for each show the hard drive was empty. This is the second time in a month that this unit has done this. I had to erase all of the listings and unplug the unit and it is now working properly. Could this be a hard drive failure?

·
Registered
93 Posts
My 5900 has been really glitchy the last couple of months. Constant freezing, slow channel changes, telling me to switch to live mode when I try to cahnge channels when I'm already in live mode. Ours does get constant use (kids shows, wife home on maternity leave recording those damn rennovation shows) My first 5900, which I sold a couple of years ago when I got HD, worked flawlessly. I am wondering if its a software issue.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Could be hard drive issue. Search on 5900 in this forum and you'll find lots of related threads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts