Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey People,,,,
I have a 3100 receiver that was used for about a year then has sat unplugged and unused for approx another year maybe slightly less,,,,
So I thought I would get this receiver and use it out in the Garage, connect the cable to the tv do a switch test and everthing looks ok but I only seem to get the few info channels from the guide .....it also says unknown Sat signal but I know its a good signal 91 because I have another tv running off the same dual LNB's in my bedroom upstairs ....any thoughts ....Thanks Chris

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Can you swap it over with the one upstairs.? This will prove the cable and receiver.

Is it activated on the account.?
Is the software upto date.?

It is always possible that one side of the LNBF is bad, it happens......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have swapped with the one upstairs.... no difference....I just know see there is an update through the phone line I'm doing this now so I'll report back none of my receivers are connected to a phone line so I'll try this first and see what happens... thanks Chris

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Receivers DO NOT update via the telephone line, they update from the Sat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well did the update with the phone line or however it works lol and its working BUT it doesnt receognize the satellite signal strength is like 89% but says it the wrong sat and not locked in BUT it works ok it seems....
If i'm running the 2 lnbs and one line from each to the sw44 and this is NOT a HD receiver it will not read the 82 lnb correct ....only read the signal from 91 correct... I just dont want to look for a problem that nots there ....I've check the other receivers and its like this ....just makin sure

If the update is not done via the phone line what is the service they provide in Diagnostics for it does it just check hardware and such....??....Chris

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The phone line is only for buying PPV Movies etc, the receiver tells Bell what you watched and then they can bill you.

An SW44 needs 4 lines on the inputs, 2 from each LNBF (91 & 82).

If you are only watching SD, then a 4 way multiswitch is all you need for 3 or 4 receivers, with 2 lines from the 91 LNBF.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just call Bell for a hit and that should fix it up. The receiver just lost its authorization while it was sitting unplugged during the last year.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I asked about that in post #2, as yet I have not had an answer;

Is it activated on the account.?
Also if it is wired as per post #5, there is also a cabling issue;

If i'm running the 2 lnbs and one line from each to the sw44

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry it is registered and I have one cable from 91 and one from 82 going to a (sorry my bad ) sw21 switch...not a sw44 its all good cept the signal meter reading but the other Satelite in the bedroom reads correct so I can always use that reading for refernece until I call bell to HIT it ....Thanks guys ....Chris

I think its wired correctly one cable from each LNB to a sw21 right ....So the 3100 only uses the one LNB 91 the other (82 ) is for HD programming ???...Chris

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
There is some international programming on 82 that is visible on a 3100 providing you subscribe to it, obviously....lol

Glad we finally worked out what kind of switch you had.....

If you have an account at Bell DOT ca, you can log in and 'synchronize' your receivers (Same thing as a hit), providing the 3100 is already on your account.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts